Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dummy Dilema

Hiya all

Please can someone help me? After two very disturbed nights, i am desperate for any advice.

My LO is teething at the mo, but apart from the odd grizzle it isn't too bad. However, when she first started teething, we rather foolishly gave her her dummy as this calmed and settled her. However, now she seems highly dependant on it, and even tho she may go to sleep without the dummy, she soon wakes up screaming for it, then everytime it falls out during the night she cries for it and wont settle without it.

Last night, she cried every hour!

Please can someone suggest anything that we could do to either keep the dummy in, or get Lucy not so dependant on it?

Ta

Replies

• Options
    How old is she? i scatter dummies around the cot so that if lo wakes they are within his reach but obv doesnt work for tiny babies. sorry have no tips re stopping her from being dependant on it as i need tips on how to wean them off.

sorry im no help

xxDBxx
  • Options
    Thankx a lot. I will try putting lots of dummies in for her (she is 7 months old),and see if that works.

Cheers
  • Options
    what are you giving her for her teething??? i like ambesol liquid, its fab
  • Options
    She is having a mixture of calpol (when she wants to take it!) and Ashton and Parson's powder. They seem to do the trick better than calpol to be fair.

Where can you get that liquid from? I don't recognise the name.