Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

did you watch boy A on c4 last night???

what did you think?? i was really divided. it was obvious the other lad was really unhinged ever at that age. it doesnt justify what they did, but what about 'the new' person he had become he was a decent bloke. did he deserve another chance?? this really got me and my oh talking.

Replies

• Options
    i watched it. i thought they made it very easy to be sympathetic to the main character - the other boy was clearly very disturbed (but a victim of sexual abuse at home) and the main character was bullied, easily led, shy etc.
    Even if they hadn't made it so easy to be sympathetic to Boy A - can any adult, guilty of a childhood crime, who has shown remorse and been rehabilitated really be held responsible for their actions for the rest of their lives?
    I remember having a bit of a tantrum around the age of 10 and pushing my little brother (who couldn't swim) into the deep end of a swimming pool. Clearly that isn't the same and it wasn't murder or the act of an unhinged child (just one who was being very naughty and badly behaved) but what if he'd drowned?
    I thought this was a really well made film and would agree that if someone commits a crime in childhood, shows remorse and understands what they have done, then they should be given a chance to lead a fulfilling life and contribute to society.

It's fair to say that i wouldn't necessarily agree if i was related to the victim though.