Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hey im new to this and desperate to become preganant.

Whenever you think about faling pregnant you think it will be so easy and you will have a baby within a year, but yet after a year and a half of trying for a baby we still have had no luck. I really want to go to my doctor for some tests but my partner just thinks we need some more time. i know he wants to start a family just as badly as i do but i dont think he is as bothered as i am :\( He feels that because i am young (22) that it will happen when it happens but i would do anything to fall pregnant now and not just hope it happens soon. What should we do?? :\?

Yla

Replies

• Options
    Hi Yla, i got married at 21 and within the first month of married life we decided we wanted kids. We tried 2 1/2 years with no luck.. we went to the doctors who refered us to the local hospital for tests.. sperm tests to check the % and motility for him and dye test for me to check that my tubes weren't damaged. It turned out to be my husband who had bad motility problem. Basically they were doing backstroke than front crawl lol. My advise to you is if you both want to experiment on different things before you see a doctor, ensure firstly your husband is wearing loose clothing around the front e.g boxers, ensure the fella avoids hot showers and baths as that can make the sperm sluggish. Try avoiding/reducing alochol intake, eat healthy more fibre and protein is good (for both of you) and then for the love making have try min 3 times a week! once you have finished, keep your bum in the air with a pillow underneath and your legs in the air for about 10 mins (Basically giving the little guys a helping hand to move to the right spot lol) You never know your luck- but it worked for us.. especially after we were told we basically couldnt have kids naturally and IVF IXY was the only option! We tried the above information i have given you in June last year and within the 1st month i fell pregnant (BIG SHOCK) although please don't think it will work for you...especially 1st month! Just give it a try and if no luck i'd seek advice!
  • Options
    Hi Yla, i got married at 21 and within the first month of married life we decided we wanted kids. We tried 2 1/2 years with no luck.. we went to the doctors who refered us to the local hospital for tests.. sperm tests to check the % and motility for him and dye test for me to check that my tubes weren't damaged. It turned out to be my husband who had bad motility problem. Basically they were doing backstroke than front crawl lol. My advise to you is if you both want to experiment on different things before you see a doctor, ensure firstly your husband is wearing loose clothing around the front e.g boxers, ensure the fella avoids hot showers and baths as that can make the sperm sluggish. Try avoiding/reducing alochol intake, eat healthy more fibre and protein is good (for both of you) and then for the love making have try min 3 times a week! once you have finished, keep your bum in the air with a pillow underneath and your legs in the air for about 10 mins (Basically giving the little guys a helping hand to move to the right spot lol) You never know your luck- but it worked for us.. especially after we were told we basically couldnt have kids naturally and IVF IXY was the only option! We tried the above information i have given you in June last year and within the 1st month i fell pregnant (BIG SHOCK) although please don't think it will work for you...especially 1st month! Just give it a try and if no luck i'd seek advice!
  • Options
  • Options
    Hi hon,

It's a very difficult time trying for a family, a real roller coaster of emotions if it doesn't happen quickly.

Generally Doctors will take you seriously after 12-18 months trying to conceive so there's no harm in booking an appointment and seeing if they'll run any tests.

A general sexual health check is a good place to start.

A Clear Blue Fertility Monitor is also a handy tool for many couples so you know when you ovulate and when your best chance of conceiving is each month.

Good luck x