Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi! I'm new! Just found out I'm pregnant!

Hiya,

I'm new to this site, only found out that I'm pregnant a couple of hours ago!!!

I'm in complete shock, though we were trying to conceive.

Would love to make new friends on here.

Need all the advice I can get!!!

Thanks,

Siovvy xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations!
    Is it your first?

We just found out yesterday that we're expecting our first and we've been trying for a while. It's still sinking in. I keep getting waves of excited butterflies every so often!

This place seems like a really supportive community so lucky us to have found it image

All the best
    Anna
    xoxo
  • Options
    Hi to you both and congratulations! How far gone are you?
  • Options
    Hi Anna and MW,

I used the digital test that said 1-2 weeks so not long.

Do you guys feel pregnant? I have a really sore chest but apart from that not really.... I don't want to speak too soon... the sickness will probably come soon enough.

How far gone are you two? Congratulations to you both! woo hoo!

xxx

• Options
    forgot to mention.... yes this is my first.

I'm 36 and have been trying for about 3 months. I haven't actually had a period since March 23rd which was weird but had 4 neg tests before today. I hope this isn't something to be worried about. I think I just missed a period before I conceived.

Like you, I don't think it has sunk it yet... I keep having waves of excitement and then fear.

When are you making a doctors appointment?

xxxx
  • Options
    Hi All,

I found out on Monday that I'm five weeks yesterday image So scared and excited...

Does anyone else not quite blieve it? I did two tests, and I went to the Dr yesterday, but I still feel like it's a dream. I had an ovarian tumour 8 years ago, so I thought it would take us forever, but we managed after three months!! image

Congratulations to Siovvy and babybarbarella!!
  • Options
    Congrats Becstarr77!!

I did about 4 tests when I first found out and still today can't quite believe it. Had a dating scan last week and I'm 9 weeks. I heard his/her heartbeat which was amazing and very reassuring. Can't wait for 12 week scan now.

How have you all been feeling. I'm so tired, sore boobs, feel sick but actually being sick. Fun! fun! fun! :roll:

Hopefully you guys aren't feeling too bad.

Siovvy x
  • Options
    Hi just thought id say hello, i found out yesterday i am expecting so excited!

I already have a 3 and half year old son but seems like so long ago when i went through all this i am only about 4 weeks so gonna wait a week or 2 before seeing doctor the hardest part for me now is to stop smoking!!

take care gemma x

• Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't believe the first test! I've done four so far......think it's sinking in now.

This is my first baby so it's all new to me! The internet has come in very handy. It's been a real eye opener - there is so much to think about and organise. I'm 32 and while most of my friends have already had their babies I'm glad I waited because I feel ready now. Well as ready as you can be - it still didn't stop me going all clammy when I got the positive result!

It's all a bit surreal at the moment. I don't feel any different at all. I'm not really sure what I expected to happen (perhaps the words "I'm pregnant" appearing on my forehead??!) but I did think there would be something to convince me that it's really happening. I think my boobs are bigger but hubby is unconvinced. Last night I thought my nipples were a bit tender but as I had been pulling them rather aggressively I can't really blame them.

Congratulations to everyone! xxx