Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Another Newbee - Worrying alot!!

Hi,

I'm 17+3 and so wish I could stop worrying and enjoy this pregnancy!

I miscarried on Christmas eve 07, which was extremely upsetting. Fortunatley I am preganant again and have had many reassurances throughout that everything is fine. We had an early scan at 7wks to confirm all OK, we had the private Nuchal Translucency scan at 12wks, We then had my NHS ultrasound at 13wks and my 16wk check up with midwife where we heard the heart beat, and each time i have been told that everything is OK.

Since the weekend I have been increasingly worried that something is wrong or that something is going to go wrong. I have no valid reason to be panicking (apart from the miscarrige), but i can't seem to help it :\? Does anybody else have any worries or feel like this?

I know worrying is not heathy for my little bean, but just cannot seem to help it. I am counting the days till my 20wk scan which unfortunately isn't until i'm 21+3!

Sorry to whinge ;\)

Jaynee

Replies

• Options
    Hi babe,

I am 6 weeks today and I am exactly the same I had a misscaraige on the July 07 and i was so upset.

That pregnancy I felt was fine and carried on as usual but I do believe that once you have had a miscarraige you are constantly worried whereas mum's that havent' are less concerned as nothing bad as ever happened during a pregnancy!!!

At least your passed your 12 week stage! i have my early reassurance scan a week on monday and I am counting the days!! xx

Best advice is "step away from google" like someone told me don't read up things on there it will freak you out! and since someone told me that on here I haven't and feel tons better actually x
  • Options
    Thanks Nina, i new i was doing the right thing joining this forum. Sometimes you feel so isolated, when really there are people from all over going through exactly the same:\)

You take care and good luck with early reassurance scan - let me know how it goes xx
  • Options
    Honestly Jaynee please do the same as what I have done it's been a whole day now and I feel heaps better from not going on it and just sticking to this site. also these two sites are great as they tell you what's going on day by day !!! Just focus on the positive things!

so when's your little one due? I am 22 May 09 x

http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/

www.pregnancy.org

www.askbaby.com

I HOPE THIS HELPS!! COME ON JUST THINK YOUR WAY PAST THE DANGER STAGE OF up to 12 weeks!! I am only 6 weeks today!! nearly half way past half way danger stage!! xx

[Modified by: ninaS on September 25, 2008 02:25 PM]

• Options
    hi jaynee, sorry to hear bout ur miscarriage. ur 3 days in front of me hope u start to enjoy the pregnancy soon xx
  • Options
    Hi tinkerbell & nina,

This website is the best thing ever, i so wish i had joined ages ago. I feel so much better and have started feeeling a hell of a lot more positive. i have found a forum for people who are due same time as me (march 09) and they are so nice :\)

So, i am now refusing to worry and concentrating on enjoying this experience xxx