Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cant belive they said that

I had to share this as it made me laugh.

We're looking to change my car for something bigger and went round all the showrooms to look at MPV's, we get to the local Ford garage and are looking at a CMAX when a sales guy comes up to help and we ask if we can try the pushchair in the boot for size as the previous version's boot was too small to fit a mama's & papas pliko pramette in. Not a problem he says and goes to get the key.

Lo and behold it's still to narrow to fit in horizontally or vertically but does fit in diagonally not much good for holidays for weekends away but liveable for everyday. The sales guy then comes up with have you thought about buying a smaller pushchair which fits. The cheek of it, I then said or buy a different car.

Replies

• Options

Typical man!  Lets face it, if the boot is too small for a Pliko, it is likely to be too small full stop.  When I bought my first car I took my largest suitcase with me as I was still travelling backwards and forwards to uni and I had to have one that fitted that suitcase.  The salesmen thought I was mad naturally.

What got me most of all was that so many of the salesmen (always men...) mistook the decision maker in the process of buying a car.  All but one spent the time talking to my dad as he was the alpha male, the worst of the lot neglected to even speak to me and my mum and left us to twiddle our thumbs outside while he eulogised over the benfits of the Polo to my dad inside.  This was fine except that the money was coming from my mum and the car was for me and my dad was solely acting as taxi driver.  We left them to it and went to the Renault dealer up the road and bought a Clio instead!

• Options
    Men!!!! they just don't get it do they!!
  • Options

Ha ha Nicolette that made me laugh.

I agree though if the boot is too small for a pramette it is going to be too small for anything else. We have a citroen c2, (amongst other cars that Ian seems to be collecting), and the pramette just fits in the boot and that is it there is no room for anything else. And it is a pain as there are only 2 back seats, so that leaves one seat to get the shopping on. It's a great run around car as it is good on fuel but if we need to take anything other than the pram and baby we have to go in the volvo.

• Options
    I drive a little fiesta and i have to ram my pram in there, if i go food shopping and forget to take pram out i've had it!!
  • Options

I know what you mean about the fiesta Sarah. That's what i have at the minute but if i go anywhere i have to wait to put the pram in before i can put anything else in.

I think we're going for either a Toyota Verso or Renault Scenic.

• Options

Im the same with my corsa the silver cross 3D fits in if I put it oin a certain way but cant get much else in there with it and the cosatto that Sean let me buy cos I told him it would fit in loads easier, is just a little too wide to fit in flat it has to go in stood on its side and we have to take the parcel shelf out! sean wasn't impressed wen he realised this! We're gonna have to get a different car if we have any more kids.

Lou- have you looked at the peugeot 206 SW? Seans mum used to have one, they're roomy and really economical, we wish we'd bought hers off her when she sold it

• Options
    Lou,  I can speak for the Renualt Scenic. The boot is like a Tardis!!!!!. There is loads of leg room in the back at it is, but you can move the back seats forward too, to make the boot even bigger. (all 3 of them or individualy )I had a Britax travel system and it fitted in the boot perfectly,with room for other things too, where as my neighbours have the Ford CMAX and they had to take their parcel shelf out in order to get the Britax in. It also has loads of storage too. Under both front seats, there are drawers, 2 covered wells in the back,2 cubby holes in the boot. 2 in the dash board and one on the console. Its great , i love it. ( I swear i dont work for Renaultimageimage)
  • Options

I had a fiesta before I got pregnant with Bronwyn. I chose the pram that I wanted, an M&P ultima 8 in 1 pram and then we chose a car to fit the pram!!!

We got a Zafira as we can have 7 seats when need be or 5 seats and a huge boot!! It suits me!!