Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Leighton's weight...........

It would appear that the hopsital have made a mistake over Leightons weight!

The midwife came today and weighed him at 9lb 8oz, she then looked at his birth weight and compared the 2. She was a little concerned and on looking at the original weight in lbs and oz and KG they don't match up!

The weight in KG equals 10lb not 10lb 7oz! That would answer any questions about why he looks smaller than expected and why 0-3 clothes hang off him!!!!

Replies

• Options

I can't believe they did that!

He is only 8oz bigger than Jessica was.

Does it seem strange to have a small baby!

• Options

Yes Simone, it does!!!!

I am in a state of shock, there is no wonder the 0-3 clothes are hanging off him!!!!

• Options

oh bless, thats naughty of the hospital!

but i had a feeling ud have a small~ish~ baby!

oh well, a great excuse to go shopping for newborn clothes image

• Options

Hi Caroline,

It does make sense now. A bit naughty of the hospital though every new mum wants to know the weight of the baby, and to get it wrong by so much. The things you get from me will get more use than I thought they would this morning image.

xx

• Options

image That is very true Zoe!!!

Thank you sooooooo soooo much!!!!!

When I commented to a midwife at the hospital that people had said he didn;t look big enough to be a 10lb 7oz baby they got really defensive and questioned if we thought their scales were working! Apparently, this isn;t the first time this has happened!!!

• Options

that's awful that they got it so wrong!! surely if you were questioning it they should have offered to check again for you!! i wonder how they managed not to match up the kg to lb measurement??! perhaps someone had been on shift for too long!!

what does bronwyn think of her baby brother??

• Options
    Blimey thats naughty of the hospital. How is little Leighton doing?
  • Options
    I'm glad you have a better idea of what he should have been, although a few days can make all the difference.  And ignore the clothes, they change within brands let alone shop to shop.  Catalina was 7lb 1oz at birth, a fairly healthy, average weight, yet we had to buy premature babygros as the Newborn size from Mothercare fell off her.  Took two weeks before she reached Newborn.  Get some bits from Tesco or some other inexpensive supermarket for the first couple of weeks until he grows into what you already have then donate the small stuff to the hospital NICU / SCuBU unless you plan on having number three!
  • Options

I agree with the otheres that was quite naughty of the hosoital, especially that they made you feel bad when yuo questioned it!

He must seem so small to you!

ps, could you please pm and re send me your address.......you know what i'm like!!! image

• Options

Does this mean Simone and I are no longer joint winnersimageimage

Caroline,

• Options

Caroline, love

• Options

Caroline, love your

• Options

Caroline, love your ticker xxx

• Options
    imageimageimage  Ooops !!!!! dont know if it's pp playing up or my laptopimage
  • Options

LOL!! Lucy and there was me thinking you were just trying to up your post count imageimage.

Caroline, Leighton's ticker is lovely.

xx

• Options
    Zoe,  as if???????imageimageimage image
  • Options
    Hehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    Lol Lucy!!!!! image
  • Options

I agree with the others, that is a bit wrong of the hospital to do that. It makes you wonder though if they can make a simple mistake like that what would happen if they had made a mistake matching up the dose of a drug or something. imageimage

• Options

hello everyone, i think that is really bad tbh Caroline, thats a big difference! can't they count??!!

Anyway, hows it all going? hows Bronwyn doing with her new brother?