Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

big boys bed??

hi all was thinking of turning my sons cot bed into the bed now as i've run out of ideas to get him to sleep through the night. his nights have become extremely unsettled since christmas and if i'm honest i thought it would sort itself out after a few weeks but it hasn't. he's 15 months old so his he too little to go in a big boys bed?

Replies

• Options

Hi Blue eyed butterfly

I would say go for it if you feel the need,my son went into his bed part of cot/bed when he was about 16mths and altho he foud it fun and able to get up and wonder about when he wanted it was much easier then bending into a cot.I would sit beside him and read his books and after a while we had a routine that suited us.

Hope it goes well for you,all the best.

Emma

• Options

Hi blue eyed butterfly and Rileysmum

I agree with Rileysmum, my son went in his big boys bed at 15mth and was fine, mind you I did cheat,he was in a gro-bag sleeping bag so he couldn't get out!!!!!! Worked for us tho

Good luck if you transform cot to bed x

• Options
    I'd agree with the others,if you feel your little boy is ready,as long as you can be sure he's safe in the night while you're sleeping.One of mine used to escape from her cot and get up to all sorts in the night.She actually climbed up onto,and fell off a wardrobe in the early hours one morning,and after that had to sleep in reins from about 12 months to 2 years.As long as you can make his room safe (we couldn't as it was a really small flat at the time)cos you just can't watch them all the time.Even Mummies have to sleep