Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what a week

Well Lolas had a good week well month really.

shes now spending the night in her cot sleeping from 7-8 with a 10pm feed.

has mastered sitting up alone and getting down on her tummy to roll and generally flob about to pinch stuff of jack

and....

we just found her first tooth, its huge dunno how we missed it but that explains her screaming for the past few days image

Replies

• Options
    happy 1st tooth lola! xx
  • Options

Congrats on the teeth,Lola and Harry!

Oh they are so advanced,my LO 13 mth,only just pulling himself up on furniture!! Has got teeth but sadly they are used for biting me and his brother!

• Options

well done to harry to xxximage

Ive not got jacks walker out yet dont know if i dare jack used to chase me about and bash my ankles not sure how hed cope with lola being able to chase him to pull his hair instead of just trying her luck when he gets to near lol!

Jack was a biter he had 5 teeth by lolas age and all of them by 10mnths, he still bites now, obviously a boy thing! hurts!

• Options
    Mm perhaps it is boy thing-great! It's the shock of it that really hurts. Got bitten on the boob in playgroup Thursday-boy did I howl image nice bruise now!
  • Options
    first time jack bit me was boob, having a cuddle he just pushed his face in, took a chunk out of me blood and everything i screamed he cried i cried more, hate biting!!!! he bit lola once and i told him off and showed him her crying and he cried and never did it again x
  • Options

Our oldest three went through a brief stage of biting when they were about 1,3,&4.The thing that cured it was the bitten person got to bite the biter.Cured overnight.Mean Mummy

• Options

I agree Jo,even tried it-still we have biting. Even did the big no no and bit them back myself-next day they resumed with the attempt to rip chunks outta me!

I'm actually quite strict with them,but this is 1 thing they seem to be immune from discipline in!!!!

• Options
    Might try Laura's method and cry-certainly felt like it last week! image
  • Options

Matilda bit my Mum last week.She didn't cry but when she went ow Matilda was upset.She hasn't done it since.Like to add,I don't bite back,I just meabt the children when they were that age.

Last time Matilda bit me I just put her down and ignored her for a minute.That worked too.

Good luck with the cure.Tiny teeth are suprisingly sharp

• Options

Aren't they! Had dogs all my life but little ones are much worse than puppies!!!!!

I know you didnt bite back-i tried Tom biting Jc back then VERY stupidly I bit them back,they saw this as hilarious. It's so strange how they wil cry if I shout or ignore them over other things-maybe I should go on these TV shows!!! Cheers I hope it stops soon too! It isn't a daily thing-THANK GOD

• Options
    well lola bit jack today, how to i deal with that, i 'told her off' mainly for jacks benefit as she was too busy watching mickey but hes really offended image
  • Options

Hope Jack ok.

We had no biting yesterday or so far today!!!! Yipee wonder if they just got sick of the taste of each other?! image Im made up,til tomorrow eh?

They never bite other children-thank god,but had nasty incident on Monday at toddler group,a 3 yr old kicked Joseff,I was just walking over when Joseff turned on him,head-butting and pinching.

Poor boy howled,Jc in bad books there now. I apologised to the mum,who to be fair thought it taught her son a lesson,since his baby sis arrived he's proving quite a handful. Trouble is my eldest is sooo sensitive and now I have the group bully-only just got used to mr.sensitive and how to deal with all others taking toys from him,now I've got to deal with Jc taking the toys and fighting!!

Well 'he didn't start it'!!!!!!!!! Oh no I'm defending a hooligan!

• Options

jacks fine,

sorry but i had to laugh, i know what you mean its soo easy to defend when we know full well our childs been a so n so but i agree he didnt start it lol xxx

• Options

That's ok hun,he didn't start it but I can imagine he will do!

He is a lil terror compared to Tom,everyone says you never get 2 the same,my 2 are sooo different! if you tell Tom off he gets quite upset,say no to Jc he laughs in your face or blows a raspberry. I remained teeth mark free all evening! image

• Options
    jacks like that, theres nothing i can do that bothers him when hes in the wrong he just doesnt care, lola seems pretty strong willed too, arent i lucky image