Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Favourite recipes

Replies

• Options

thank you!!!!!

I make cheese sauce ALOT just being blonde thinking the lasagne one was different image

IM sooo looking forward to cooking this weekend!!

Rachel i must put on about a stone when ever i cook, you have to taste everything, its the law! Gordon ramsey sayes so!

• Options
    Specially chocolate cake in fact you need to make a bit extra mix to be sureimage
  • Options
    ive never made a chocolate cake, think i should!imageimage
  • Options

OOH you should-I frequently say mine went tits up when in fact it didn't!!!!!!!!image oink oink!!!

Well if Gordon says to taste then as he is the expert i shall continue!!!!!

I LOVE cooking,made those quesdalada????? things last night(mexican cooked sandwhich) You can buy the kits but again tight arse budget queen here wont!!!! Very nice did meat ones for the men in my life and then whacked extra chilli in mine!!! Bless Tom he kept saying his mouth was on fire!!!

Didn't stop him eating the lot tho!!! They love spicy food,take after me,Big fella has a girly sweat on with anything other than korma!!!!

• Options
    oooh we make them to, i make jack quasedela pizzas, (omg i cant spell)
  • Options

Oh neither can I don't stress I know what you mean!!!!

I had to make lasagne 2nite after all this talk of food!!! Well I ate a veggie pasta dish which was flavourless,god I've got to start eating meat!!!! We do lasagne if the kids are getting a bath!!! The mess was unbelievable-but clean plates all round image Oh and lil tom said ooh mummabear that meal was nish!!!!!image I'm easily pleased-he got ice-cream for pud!!!

• Options

I love winter for cooking-stew my fave to make huge pan lasts cuple of days huge bowl of it with crusty bread and butter.................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmimage comfort food!!! And bread and butter pudding for pud!!! I must be obsessed with food!!!

I'm thinking of treating myself to a slow cooker this winter-does anyone have 1 or recommend a certain 1? Be grateful girls!

• Options

I have one,I'm doing beef casserole in it tomorrow.Wrong food for the weather,but I thought we had rain coming,now I got the meat out.

So good if you know you'll be in a hurry in the evening,you can just put stuff in there in the day,it's done for dinner time.Mine is a Russell Hobbs one.Had it years.

Great for curries,stews,yummy rice pudd,making stock from the bones/giblets whatever you use.Love my slow cooker

• Options

aww at tom hes a sweetie.

we have a HUGE one with removeable crocpot my grandma brought me it from bid up, elitech one cant say what size but can do a standard size chicken in it, was £21 inc p+p, cant wait for winter ive only done a chili so far!

• Options
    slow cookers are great, i just got one from tesco and its great.  i put everything in in the morning when i've got energy and my the time dinner time comes and i'm knackered there's a delicious meal waiting.  well worth the money, i use mine all the time, can make just about anything in it, i got a huge recipe book
  • Options
    ooh caroline whats the book called, im after a good one?
  • Options

its just called the slow cooker recipe book, can't see the one i got but here's alink that has loads

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=slow+cooker+recipe+book

• Options

Oh thanks girls,will have to go shopping at weekend. Sounds mad but wanted 1 years ago when I worked 40hr week but a friend of mine had an electrical fire(very very rare) and she blamed slow cooker-so obviously with leaving the dogs in house after that I wouldn't get 1!!!!

But I realise they're safe,and now no dogs around to jump up at delicious smelling meal,I'm going to get 1. Jo is your's huge?

I know what you mean bout weather too,was far too hot for lasagne yesterday really but already defrosted the mince so tough! But the kids I thnk need more than salad-actually who am I kidding we all do!!!!!!!!!!image Think I'll shop round for best price,but I need book Caroline has!!!

Thank god you boil bones to make stock-I have he piss taken out of me for that!!!! But everyone loves my stock and gravy-cheeky friends I have,more money than sense!

• Options

I boil the bones to make stock too, makes the best soup ever!

If your worried about an electrical fire why not get one of those surge protectors to use with it when your out?

• Options

I think they're all one size,Rach.Don't think they're dangerous,no more than leaving your oven on low,and they don't heat the house up while they're cooking.I cheated last night cos I ran out of time and did the casserole in the pressure cooker,now that's an adrenaline rush.You could lose a hand,lol!

Laura,the recipe book I've found most useful is Good Housekeeping.It's been around about 60 years now.It has everything you need to know about all the basic cooking things like sauces,cakes,biscuits,right down to cooking a roast,you name it it's there.I use it a lot cos I forget quantities and things.Has some new "poncy cooking" recipes but also good real food.

• Options

thanks jo, im going to head to the library and get a few different ones out, andrew knows how stressed im getting with the ak books as theyre soo disorganised so he got me a blank recipe book from paperchase that has all the sections for me to put my recipes in as i alter most, as sad as that is i was pleased !

hes having a good day actually i was so upset about my purse being stolen hes brought me a nice blue animal one and went and brough me a mum wallet card and 2 soppy love ones, bless him image

Im after using the slow cooker more in the winter as it uses alot less electric (apparently something like a lightbulb?) and m trying to cut costs!

• Options

Ah,isn't it nice when they're niceimage.

Tidied my recipe books today,I forgot I have one called "1000 chocolate baking and dessert recipes".

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

nice, but worrying!image

ooh that sounds good!!! Im on the hunt for peach apricot or apple recipes for beanie, shes so fussy and i dont like her living of fruit pots and c+g dairy desserts because they are the only flavours she likes!!!!

• Options

I'm defo getting a slow cooker if it only takes as much leccy as light bulb!!!!!!!

Was worried years ago bout them bein safe after Lise had her fire-but nah I know they're safe,christ Jo are pressure cookers the better way to go-providing you don't loose your hand!!!!!!!!!! And thanks for your idea Caroline x I'm shopping in the morning!!!!image

• Options

im off ta market tomorow for all me cooking supplies, how sad am i that im excited!!!

Have fun rachel, i cant wait to start using mine!! might do this weeks chili in it! image xx