Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is your newborn 'normal'

Hi everyone,

We’re on the look out for mums of newborns who were worried/unnerved about certain newborn habits.

If you’re the mum of a newborn and you were/are worried about your baby’s sleep, weight, feeding or pooing, please either post your story on here or email me on liz.stansfield@magicalia.com for the Jan issue of PP.

Many thanks,

Liz

Replies

• Options

We had all sort of worries about our newborn!

Mainly, he almost constantly turned his head only to one side - waking, sleeping, all the time. We knew babies could do this, but he was so extreme we were worried he might need physio for severe torticollis. It also gave him a flat head on one side - even using anti  flat head pillows - he just turned out of them! We were worried we would have to get a shaping helmet  which wouldn't work!  But he grew out of it and his hair grew well over his  head so it is not even noticeable now!

He also screwed his hands up all the time - we were worried that the scratch mitts we used (he was constantly scratching and poking)  - had prevented normal development, but not he case. Time righted everything.

• Options

Hi Andrea,

How old is your son now? I like to use your story in PP, could you email me your full name, age, where you are from and the name and age of your son-along with a pic of you and him to me at liz.stansfield@magicalia.com?

Many thanks,

Liz