Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hate is a strong word...

My fecking auntie,

i have complained before,

she uses any opportunity to push me out and make me feel crap.

IM moving away in two weeks so she arranges to get all my cousins together and doesnt invite me and the kids!

I had no idea until i asked if i could pop over for an hour or two tomorrow while roo empties the loft. She just replied i already have a housefull, i just left it, then a while later, you can come over 2-4 but have to go at four as im feeding to many already. Its really hurt me so i havent said anymore,i mean whats the point, shes a repeat offender with this kind of thing.

Ive closed chat on facebook, and turned both phones off, shes now ringing mum asking to ring me and so on, she knows thats hurtful so shes doing her usual, harass until i forgive, well f*** her!

IM moving because its always me making the effort, i never feel wanted around here, in leicester its joint we all see each other and contact each other. Im going where im wanted and if she gives me any ill miss you shit ill throw it in her face!!! I HATE HER!

rant over, and breath

Replies

• Options

Calm down sweet!!!!!

I agree I wouldn't bother with her anymore,just look forward to your big move image

• Options

Hope you're feeling less stressed today.Don't let her get to you.

Not long till your move ,you've got more important/interesting things to be doing .

• Options

well my mum and aunties whinged at me to go over,

i did 

and i wish i hadnt bothered,

They just went on and on about me excluding them when i move ( all because my two best friends are coming down for a few drinks with roos brother and sister coming round, its a party apparently)

I just cant be bothered with justifying myself, the long and short of it is due to the huge debt to our landlord they can pretty much ask for as much money as they wish as they are a 'priority' in our debt counsellors opinion, well yes they are as they keep the roof over our childrens heads but the wont allow us a bigger house until we pay them off, at the current rate that would be over 5 yrs! And with roos constant unreliable jobs we can hardly afford that! If we move out of there house association we dont have to pay them more than £1 a week or month cant remember which, But we cant afford the deposit to rent privately so when ils offered the house we jumped at it! The rent and CT is less, andrew stands a chance at a decent job and theres alot more on offer for me to do with the kids as im pretty bored and lonely here and would cry most days when he left for work,, the only person i spend time with is my mum, thats lovely but i need more, the kids need more.

I just wish my family could tell me im being brave and selfless and see im doing this for Jack and Lola and to hopefully push the black cloud away that i get when roos working, it sounds cliche but he is my best friend and id rather spend time with him than anyone else, This house is nothing hugely special but it seems amazing compared to my tiny terrace,Im actually looking forward to moving despite my previous reservations, yes i will miss everyone, the familiararity, the small well known town, But im only 21 my children are young why cant we have an adventure? why cant we take a chance? I feel like i have to lie and say we will come back one day, when at the moment i doubt i will.

WHY CANT THEY BE HAPPY FOR ME?????

• Options

It sounds like you're from a close knit family.Part of it's probablt they'll miss you,part they can't imagine you'd manage without them.Maybe they do feel excluded,but you don't want your Aunty involved in your life all the time,doesn't sound,from what you've said,that she's very nice to have around.Certainly don't want her gate crashing your"party".You just do what you know is right for you,because you ARE right,they'll just have to get used to it.If they can't be happy for you tell them to  **** off and come see you when they are,or can at least pretend they are.

Yes it's brave moving away,and it sounds like you're doing the best for your family,I'm sure they'll come round eventually.

How long now,not long is it.

• Options

1st march! we could go before but we are going in to do the kids rooms before hand!

Im really excited, i cant wait to give them special bedrooms, a decent size garden, A living room big enough to play in without falling over one another, and a dining room so my carpets arent ruined by any rejected food!!!

We are very close my auntie is too but she just thinks about herself too much and uses us to much, Thing with the 'party' is its just gonna be 6-8 of us all in our twenties not the 'adults' iyswim, it never crossed my mind to invite roos parents who are down the road let alone mine who would have a long journey!!!

I think maybe its just hit home, its happening and we arent gonna change our minds.

I just wish my mum could think about jack and lola and see i want better for them so yes, it could be a sad lonely time ahead for me but ive got the confidence now to join groups go to classes etc and i have 3 sister in laws my age with bumps babies and toddlers who i can have a life with! I can make it work i just wish shed say yes it hurts me but i support you and im here for you! like i was her and always am, I know she has a lot on her plate with jacob having ds but i was moving before that was discoverd so im not abandoning her, im giving me and the kids a chance and who knows it might not work out and ill come running home, BUT anythings worth a chance!

• Options

Hope ya dont mind me joining in!!

Im more of a lurker but i couldnt help wantin to reply to you laura.

You are so brave moving away from your family which sound so close! I honestly dont think i could do it!! It obvious you're doing it all for your children&to better your families life.

I hope you have a fantastic new life!

• Options

thank you claire!

Im more excited than anxious as i have all my sils around to keep me busy, it just makes me panic when all my family who i trust 100% are being so negative, i just need to remember they arent saying what they really think and are just upset.

Welcome to made for mums btw! image

• Options

Lau,your ma sounds like she doesn't know how to say she'll miss ya.

She may even be a little jealous? I know I'm a wee bit envious-whole new start-VERY EXCITINGimage

She will come around,you are doing the right thing,happy decorating!!!!

• Options

i think you could be right in a way rach, also think its kinda a new start for her since ive had jack i spend alot of time with her so now shell have to make friends and find things to do.

Ive calmed down alot now, ate chocolate and been to the seaside with roo and the kids! Had a lovely day and realised we are more important than anything and just to focus on us a while! we are doing well as a family at the moment we are really happy and im not letting anyone bring us down!

• Options

GOOD!!!!!!image And it will stay that way. Give your mum time,all new for her too,as you say.

Not long to go!!!! Just over a week isn't it? Or are you just going when kids rooms done? D'ya know it isn't THAT far..............Hide Laura!!!!!image Or I may visit ya!!!!!!

• Options

WOW! what a horrid auntie! I say dont contact her at all. ever,period.

and when she contacts you. simple conversation! you have enough on your plate to deal with!

xxxx