Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fisher Price highchair recall

Hi,

Ive just found out that the highchair i have has been recalled due to hazards on the highchair itself.

Ive filled out all the details online and they have said i must stop using the highchair imediatly and they will be sending me out a repair kit in 8-12 weeks!! is it me or is this a long time?? i mean i know i can jus sit my lil one on sofa/chair/floor and be really careful  but its not really ideal esspecially when ive spent £90 on the highchair in first place so i dont have to do this. My lil one is 7 months old so i was using it ALL the time.

Has anyone else had this problem or anyone with some advice????

Replies

• Options
    I would contact them and tell them you are deffo no happy with that.  your child will be almost a year old by the time it is fixed.  what are you to do in the meantime?  ~My highcair has broken straps on it, and once you start feeding your baby elsewhere, they will get used to that and not want to go into the highchair.  My boy (16 months) doesn't want to sit in his highchair for me, but he will for his dad.
  • Options

Hi Jenny,

We asked Fisher Price about this for you and they said this:

"The high chairs can safely be used when feeding your children. However, until the repair kit arrives the high chairs should always be placed in a position so that any children who are outside the high chair will not be able to contact the rear legs of the product."

If you want to know more, try the FP helpline - 0800 0320 615

Hope that helps!

• Options
    hi  fisher price did contact me this morning and gave me the details. thank you for your help.