Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone. Just want to wish you all a very merry Christmas. I hope you all have an amazing day. All the best for a happy & prosperous new year. Hopefully 2011 will be a good one for everyone. I sound like a bit of a geek but I'm doing a course at the moment & it looks at recycling & the effects of waste on society & the our children will foot the bill because the world can't cope. Please have a great Christmas but remember to recycle as much of your cards, wrapping paper, waste food & trees (the real ones) as possible. It's such a great time of year but so much waste with packaging & he likes. Sorry again for being a nerd. Big festive hugs to you all.

Replies

• Options

We took all our stuff to the tip for recycling today, we had four bin bags of paper and lots of cardboard.....i think there is too much packaging on a lot of things.

HOPE EVERYONE had a really great christmas  !

• Options

My blue bins are out & the tree is off to the tip once I shake this cold. We had an awesome Christmas except, you know when you say you don't want your kids to have something. Well, we said that about the girls, there are certain things we want to wait until they are old enough in our opinion. My parents decided to get our eldest a pram which I know isn't a big deal but we only wanted her to have one when she was old enough to ask rather then being pushed into a stereotype. I know it's not like they bought her a gun or a mobile or anything but it really narks me that they paid no attention and got it anyway. It's Christmas time too so it's not like I could have a rant & shout because it would ruin the day. It has been a jolly Christmas other than that and the in-laws have even made a massive effect this year which came as a huge shock. Maybe they are warming to me after 7 years. Lol.

• Options

Glad it was a good one.... It is rather annoying when people dont listen and respect your wishes as parents and think they know best anyway!

Harry goes to a childminders and plays with both "girls" and "boys" toys, they play with the washing machine and kitchen and dolls and prams etc as well as cars and trains. 

We have an artificial tree  as the needles dropping is not good with a doggies paws!

hope you are feeling better soon.

• Options

We got a lovelt artificial tree the other year but our 2 fat cats slept in it & broke the branches off. Lol. I think my mum is trying to make my girls into all the stuff I wasn't as a kid. Tuff tits on her anyway cos it's not happening. Lol. Mia has been our little pine needle monitor & has been getting a collection going of them away from her baby sister.

All our germs are clearing up a bit here now so hopefully that is the worst over with. Have a great new year though. I hope you have a great one. X