Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello all! Introducing myself and 'miracle' pregnancy! :)

Hello All

New to this forum today and wanted to introduce myself! image

My husband and I have been TTC for nearly 6 years. I have PCOS and have been prescribed in the past metformin and chlomid with no luck. Ended up having ovarian drilling last October and that didn't appear to work. Have now been referred for IVF and went to the first seminar last week.

I had been feeling 'weird' though for a few weeks - very tender breasts and bloating so did 2 asda home pregnancy tests - one was negative and one didn't work image Knew I was being optimistic but as breasts are getting even more tender I 'splashed' out on a first response test and it was positive!!! Now going for early scan on Thursday!

I just feel so anxious and confused and excited and argh! Just want to get to the scan so they can tell me more!

Anyway, that is my story - oh also, meant to be going back to hospital on sunday for next IVF meeting (not treatment) and dont know what to do as dont want to lose my space if I'm not 'lucky' on this occasion, but dont want to lead them on either.

Anyway, look forward to 'meeting' you all on here

Sxxxxxx

Replies

• Options
    congratulations!!! it sounds like you really deserve it! I hope everything goes ok for you and you have a happy and healthy pregnancy xx
  • Options
    Aww what fantastic news, am new to all this also, keep us updated to how you get on C xx image
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies! image Will definitely keep you posted.

Got everything crossed xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations what a fab surprise that must have been image wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months, hope all is well at scan xxx
  • Options
    Hello again

Just thought I'd update if anyone was interested... image

Went for scan - they couldn't see 'anything' apart from the fact the lining was ready for pregnancy. Had a blood test and hcg is 1691 and progesterone 65 so all good in that respect. Repeating blood test tomorrow and then another scan wednesday! argh, i hate this waiting. Was hoping I was further along to be closer to getting out of the danger time, if you know what I mean?

I dont know how I'll cope 9 months with my wrecked nerves - had trapped wind yesterday and sat on the loo crying thinking this mean I was losing our 'baby' (or little pip, as they are currently known) image

Hope everyone is well image

Sxxxxxx
  • Options
    aw congratulations! I know its hard but try not to worry. There is a forum, preganacy after long term ttc it might be worth you going on there to chat to ladies who've had similar expereinces. good luck Im sure everything will be fine, keep us posted xxxx
  • Options
    wow! fab news!! congratulations on your pregnancy x