Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ebay is amazing!!!

Hi all, I flog a lot of the girls old things on ebay as we aren't having anymore now. I've snagged a few bargains but had to share this one as I am so excited. So, it was midnight and I couldn't sleep do was cruising the buggy section and found a Phil and Teds 2-wheeler buggy for only £30. Bargain. Bought it and collected today and it is perfect. i'm so happy with it. I even brought it in the house, they usually live in the car boot... the buggies not the kids. I just wanted to tell anyone who is strapped for cash not everything has to be shiney new. It's nice but not always practical. Anyway, here's a pic of my youngest little girl Ava. She's 10 months old and loves this buggy already.

http://www.madeformums.com/members/images/50685/Gallery/164375_189521304408912_100000531313299_600335_3466018_n[1].jpg

Replies

• Options
    i just love ebay!!! bought shed loads of baby stuff and sold quite a bit too!!! cot top changer 0.99p not a scratch on it amazing deals!!! also bought loads of maternity clothes dont think i paid over 2.00 for anything love it x x
  • Options
    AWW!! Bless she is really adorable and i guess she enjoys her buggy
  • Options

Well done you, I like ebay too, sold some of harrys stuff, the more designer stuff he was treated to when a baby - (kept the rest in case of number 2).

I also buy stuff on there too.   Bought a buggy - brand new in box from a retailer on there, we have bought dog guards, roof boxes and the like, but you have to be strict with yourself and know when your maximum is or you can end up paying the same as in the shop!!  esp when you add on postage.

Recently i have bought a buggy board (for harry when he goes to my sisters),  and a dvd player for the car for our trip to devon... saved a packet on that and it as still new in the box.

Just be careful who you buy from and read the description carefully,

oh and i also bought harry a scooter - 99p - thomas one csot about £30+ new it was slightly rusted on the handles but still workes fine!

I agree ebay is great! 

• Options

I also sell and buy on E-Bay. SInce having my second daughter Holly, Me & my husband have decided that 2 is enough so am selling her clothes & things. No point keeping them eh?

I've also got great deals. Lots of cardigans for the cold weather, They grow so fast you can sell and get new within the week. Sold a monitor for more than I paid for it!! Bought a buggy then found it was too bulky for the car so sold it for the same as I paid for it!!

You get some great stuff but like previous person said watch out for the postage, it could make it dearer that buying it new!! My user name is Thom35.

• Options

I'm an Ebay addict!  I buy and sell.  I often make it my first port of call for buying a lot of things and I've never really been disappointed. I've had loads of bargains especially for clothes for my daughter.  You can get some really nice bits and it often works out cheaper than the shops (and without all the hassal of trawling round town with a grumpy toddler).

I've got loads of things for sale; everything from baby clothes, to postcards and badges to antiques and collectable items.  Believe me if it stands still too long in my house it goes on Ebay!!!  My user name is Carl2972.  

I find it's also a nice little earner.  From the money I made last year selling on Ebay I've been able to afford to pay for a holiday cottage in Whitby for a week with the family + spends!

• Options

I'm also an addict-more buying than selling,but have sold some clothes recently,and will be digging out stuff that Evans grown out of,for some pocket money!

I love it because our P.O is a fair walk away,so great exercise too!!!!!!

Sym,buggy was a bargain,you lucky thing,Ava gorgeous btw x

• Options

I go through phases and sometimes buy loads and then not much for some time.  Or i have a big clear out and sell a few bits at once.     I am currently hunting for a new handbag and a buzz light year top for Harry.  He always wants to wear the one he has!

Mummabear love your new profile pic of you and evan!

Darkstar you have done brilliant on ebay then havent you!

• Options
    Charmaine,what size buzz top are you after hun? My lads are going off toy storyimage,thanks for your kind comments bout Ev's pic!!!!
  • Options

Hiya

How is Evan doing and how are his older brothers with him now?

Harry is age mostly in age 3-4 usually but some things come up small or large. 

When octonaut stuff comes out I expect he will be wanting octonaut stuff! 

He is getting to that age where he really doesnt want to wear certain clothes!

On another note, I dont seem to be getting emails to advise when a response was made on something I have commented on, teh box at the bottom is ticked... anyone else having that problem?

I am on another mission on ebay - to find a bike trailer, Harry is too heavy for the bike seat now and I am looking for a trailer to cart him around in - good excercise for me too!

Some idito on there has one for sale buy it now £75 and my highest bid on auction was £40, currently its at £42 but those ones brand new  from the actual company are £69!    I have found others that are starting at £10 no reserve so trying my luck and if I dont win that one for £35 or less will bid on another, if you are persistant you can do really well!!!

• Options

PM'd you chicken,good luck with the bids on bike trailer! God you're dedicated,I doubt I could pull any of my lads!!!!!

Evan is doing brilliantly thanks,Tom is a little too keen with the kisses,however it is sweet and there is no malice-so far!!! Jc couldn't care less if he were here or not!!! Best way I think! He has tried to pick him up once or twice but usually he totally ignores him! He doesnt do much so maybe when he can crawl he'll find him more interesting!!!!

• Options
    I have never bought or sold anything on e-bay, but my husband would get himself stuff off it.  I did bid for something last year, and lost out at the last minute as I wasn't sure how to do it right, and couldn't bid at the last seconds quick enough.
  • Options

I'm an addict too. Have sold a couple of bits but a few more things to sell. Have bought great Maternity clothes and kitted my Daughter out for not much at all.

Setting strict price limits is important and factoring in postage costs can double costs or even more, Goofbay is a helper site.

It is worth watching lots of what you're looking to buy so that if 1 goes up to silly money you have others to bid on instead. 

Always good to look for things local to where you are incase you can collect and save postage and I tend to watch things in their last few minutes as you can get real bargains if they have no bids.

• Options

Hi Rachel,  Thanks very much for your message.....Hmm yes not sure I will be able to pull two of them plus a trailer (max and harry that is) but will give it ago, I can cycle him on a bike seat but too wobbly now and he is too heavy for it.   Glad the boys are okay with little evan, like you say I suppose to them he is not so interesting yet but will be more so when he is on the move!!   Glad is all is good in you household!

Keri I have never heard of goofbay, what is that?     I also try and wtach other items to give yourself maximum chance of getting best deal possible, I did that with a buggy board I recently bought for my sister so she can take both harry and max out without hassle of double buggy

You can oh so easily get carried away and bid too much mney and pay as much as new (or more if you are not careful should always see how much stuff is new if it is someting you dont buy on a regular basis!

good luck bargain hunting!

• Options

Well I admire the effort Charmaine,I wouldnt even attempt to cycle!!!image

Yes I think you have to set yourself a limit with bidding,I know I'd get carried away if I didnt!!!!

• Options
    I got one - £46 for a double trailer hoping marti will collect this weekend YAY!  Then I can give it a go I wont be able to walk for a week after!!!
  • Options

Wow that sounds a good price! WELL DONE YOU!image

Good luck with that then! Your'e already better than me for attempting it! Hope it works out ok,and your chap goes for it at weekend!

• Options
    Can not believe how much people will pay for a beat up pair of old Converse shoes on ebay. I broke some toes on one foot and now some of my shoes don't fit cos they didn't set right. Put them on ebay and away they are going. Car tax money sorted. Awesome ;0)
  • Options

It always surprises me how much people pay for ceratin things - and other times it can be disappointing when you sell stuff!!

I did get a bargain as they cost around£150 new! Lots of otehrs on ebay were selling for closer to £60+

• Options

Sym, I can see why your buggy only cost £30 - it doesn't appear to have any front wheels! image LOL

I agree with eBay being great although the fees system is rubbish now. what with the obligatory paypal you end up paying quite a lot in fees unless you take cash on collection. Back when eBay wasn't quite so massive, the fees system was much fairer for sellers. And you were allowed to leave bad feedback for bad buyers too. Now sellers can't dothat, which I think is totally unfair.

I managed to sell my jumperoo for £45, and the matching baby gym for £20, even though they had both been through both my girls. They did clean up very well though so the buyers did still get bargains.

Boden, Monsoon and M&S kids clothes always seem to sell very well too. This is how I justify my spending on the kids' clothes! I tell DH that really, I'm only spending half the amount because they'll get sold afterwards!

• Options

And dont forget, eBay is great for selling your unwanted items too!

I started a while back on eBay as Im a stay at home mum, and it is going really well.

My husband has a free resource blog, www.sellingguru.info where he blogs some of MY best tips lol.