Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Fallopian tube removal

Hi ladies, I've just registered with this site after I was having a look around to see if anybody has had IVF after having both of their fallopian tubes removed? I had my first tube removed at the age of 17 and I have recently been for a hystersalpingogram and was advised to have my second tube removed as it is badly damaged, this is happening a week today! I'm getting a little anxious about the op as I know there will be no natural child birth once it has gone, I am also on the waiting list for IVF. Has anybody else gone through the same thing as me or currently going through this situation?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kazzy I have went through this. In 6/11 I had both of my tubes removed. Which crushed me. Emotionally I was a wreck I thought I couldn't have children. Well my dr informed me that everything else was fine and I could carry a baby with no problem. Well I started my IVF in September of 2011 and at the end of October I found out I was pregnant. I had the smoothest pregnancy and everything went fine. If you have any questions concerning the IVF procedure feel free to ask. I wish you the best of luck and I wouldn't worry if I were you.
  • Options
    Hi.

All went well with the tube removal and I started having my first set of injections a couple of weeks ago, I had my baseline scan two days ago and they have now found some kind if lump which is either a cyst or scar tissue... I have been taken off my meds now and have to wait til day one of my next cycle for another scan to see if this 'thing' has shrunk on its own.. If it hasn't I have to have another lap to remove it.. Feeling really really blue about it all now.... I not ont have this on my mind but I also lost my amazing dad in a motorbike accident 8 days ago ????. I really wanted to baseline scan to come back normal so so much but now we have to start again.. Surely I must be due a little bit of good luck soon... Thanks for your reply, I posted my question a few months ago and your the first to get back to me and I really appreciate knowing that it could actually work for us!! Hope you have an amazing new year with your little miracle xxxxx
  • Options
    Oh wow so sorry for your loss. I also had a cyst but was fortunate enough tho have it the same time I was having the surgery done so they took care of it then. Stay positive I'm hoping you will be posting a success story soon. I just signed up today and seen this post and had to respond. I wish I knew about these sites when I was going through my ordeal I think it would have been a lot of help just to have someone to talk to that has experienced the same thing. I agree you are due some good luck. Hopefully the new year will bring a new addition to your family. And thank you I look forward to this new year and I have 3 little miracles I had triplets!! Don't let that scare you I was aiming for twins but happy with all 3
  • Options
    Oh wow that's amazing!!!! Congratulations! You were very lucky then ???? I'm aiming for just the one, would be very happy with two and even happier with 3! Thanks again, it's really great to know people are out there, I will come back and let you know how I get one either way. Xx
  • Options

Yes extremely lucky!!! i hope your as lucky and keep me updated.