Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help needed!

Hello everyone!

I will be a first time mom soon! After reading lots of forums and doing lots of research, I must say I am overwhelmed. Did you experience this same feeling with your first child? I am finding it difficult to not feel completely lost or confused. How did you overcome these feelings? 

I am currently struggling with all the items I need to buy for my baby. I want the best for my baby. I just wish I could get the best without feeling like I have to research everything with so little time. If I could click on a button and just order everything I need, I would be so happy and relieved. Do you know if this is available anywhere? If not, perhaps I should make it possible for future parents…it is so time consuming and confusing.

Many thanks in advance for all your help and feedback! 

Replies

• Options

Hello Chrisedro

The niche you have indicated is very much in demand and i believe it could work with careful planning, there are ofcourse so many circumstances that people find themselves in and it is a case of identifying your target market and realising that not everyone can be your customer and that being selective is the right choice to move forward. By the way i hope that you have found everything that you needed and are looking forward to the birth of your child, best wishes, 

• Options

It can seem overwhelming as the baby market is so over saturated with products. You'll see in magazines & on tv loads of products that you absolutely have to get for your baby, you'll also hear lots of mothers to be & parents talking about what they have for their baby. But in reality there's very little a baby actually NEEDS. Also getting the best means different to different people. For example there is no 1 pram that is best for everyone as it depends on your needs whether you live in town or country, the size of your house & car & for some (like me) have no need for a pram & just use a carrier (a connecta if you're interested).

Basically you need things for your baby to wear, to sleep in & to travel around, other than that the rest (changing tables, bouncers, mobiles etc) you can buy as you need them.

Try not to get too overwhelmed. It does seem a lot whilst pregnant but a few weeks in you'll realise how little you actually need & will work out what you need for you & your family. Take care