Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Your neighbourhood needs you! (and you could WIN prizes!)

Hi Madeformummers!

Hope you all had a fab Easter weekend and that the Easter bunny was good to you all!

Just a quick question - have you visited your MFM neighbourhood yet?

It's brand NEW and there are plenty that already have Community Managers (like myself - Im CM for Sunderland) who are mad keen to say hello and welcome you to what's going on near you.

ALSO MFM are running incentives (that's PRIZES to you and me image ) - you could WIN magazine subscriptions or even £30!! To find out how please contact your Community Manager (click on the 'get in touch' link in the Community Manager box) to register.

See you soon, Angie x

Replies

• Options
    Hi ya
    Yes i have visited my neighbourhood and its great! Vicky has already arranged a morning for mums n their kiddies which was lovely! Was lovely to meet new mums n their lil 1s and also to have some adult time and get out of the house. We were blessed with lovely warm weather and there was lots of lil kiddies varying from age 9 -2months! The morning was lovely! i hope there will be more. Also Its good to looking on the listing to see what's on in my area and to see where people have eaten and enjoyed.
    I think my neighbourhood is A great idea x
  • Options
    Hi delly n eva - that's great! It's exactly what the neighbourhoods are about - please spread the word!
  • Options
    Hi delly n eva
    I am glad that you had a good time has arranged a morning for mums and little ones what area are you in i am thinking of doing something
    in the next few months hope before the kids start summer hols still planning at the momment on where and when as some mums work in the week
    I am glad that you like the my neighbourhood i am the COMMUNITY MANAGER
    IN Cardiff i am here for you to talk to love to hear from you soon and a very warm wellcome to MADE FOR MUMS
    from community manager
    Sarah
  • Options
    How do you become a community manager?
  • Options
    Hi Sian
    i filled in a survey and then Mandy sent me a message and we had a chat
    Where are you have a look on the site as i can not remember where it was
    You said that you work part time how many days do you do i am still new to the roll of Community Manager this is my 2nd week let me know how you get on love to hear from you soon
    FROM SARAH
    COMMUNITY MANAGER
  • Options
    Hi ya!
    Yes i have found the "my neighbourhood" very helpful. I have also listed a few places to share with others. I do hope vicky can arrange more meetings around the holidays as it was lovely to meet new mums and their lil1s! plus vicky brought some wonderful cake and made some cute lil buns for the lil1s! It was a lovely morning.
    Hope to see more of "my neighbourhood" I fink vicky is doin a wonderful job x AS u all are doing! xxx
  • Options
    im from north norfolk toes10 is my cm! xx
  • Options
    Hi Sian

it's Mandy Hunt here, I work for MadeForMums and look after the Community Managers. We just completed the recruitment of 16 new community managers, but we'll start another round soon. Please email me your details (Name, postcode, Neighbourhood) and I'll put you on the list.

In the mean time, please join in Your Neighbourhood, and list and post discussions. If things take off quickly I will be more than happy to fast track the recruitment process.

Best
    Mandy Hunt
    mandy.hunt@magicalia.com
  • Options
    Hi Buzy Bee
    Welcome to Made For Mums
    I am Sarah the Community Manager for Cardiff
    I see that Mandy has been in touch with you I hope that you will find
    Us very useful and try as Mandy said we would like you to join in
    Your Neighbourhood and let us all know what you have going on in the area you live love to hear from you soon
    Sarah
  • Options
    Hi All

I am CM for both Great Yarmouth and Waveney. I have five children aged 2 to 13 and will be giving birth quickly and easily (I hope!) in six weeks to baby number six.
    Anyone from the beautiful East, please sign up to the neighbourhood, it feels pretty lonely talking to myself, I need some company in the neighbourhood.

Mandi xxx
  • Options
    Hi Mandi
    I am CM for Cardiff and have one little girl age 2 and a half you have
    Your hands full with all your children and no6 on the way hope that you feel ok have you just started as CM then i had a go at replys to the
    CM foram and reviews telling the mums what is going on in the area
    Did you have the leaflets and posters i have asked local dentist doctors chemist church and community centre and will be asking my local
    Supermarket when i next go there also did some leaflets through some of the doors of mums i hope that you feel ok do you have all boys all girls or both good luck with the new baby when it arrives and congratulations
    FROM SARAH
    COMMUNITY MANAGER FOR CARDIFF
  • Options
    Hi Sarah

Started as CM couple of weeks ago, but am finding it much easier now the children are back at school! Have started putting the posters in local children's centres and i'm hoping my midwife will distribute a few when I see her Friday.
    I feel great at the moment, I have girl,boy,girl,boy,girl but we chose not to find out the sex of this one, so a nice surprise!

Enjoying being a CM, just wish there were some more people in the neighbourhoods, there seem to be so many people that post on the forums, but no-one really signing up to their area. Oh well, will just keep pestering, next target the local preschools..
  • Options
    Hi Mandi
    So you are still new to being a C M like me
    Have you thought about your local Doctors Dentist and chemist
    The local pre schools would be good to i did our local com centre
    And Church that is a good idea to ask your midwife love to keep in touch
    You are great to chat to and love to hear all about your new baby
    Have you thought about any names i did my search before my Daughter
    was born as we did not know if we had a girl or boy till baby was born
    Did you say the eldest was 13 and your youngest is 2
    Love to hear from you soon keep in touch
    From Sarah
  • Options
    Hi All,

I am Amanda, I started as a CM for Tameside just a few weeks ago so just finding my feet. I have started to put posters up and give out cards to spread the word. School Holidays are a bit hectic though so hoping to get more involved now!

Just starting to add plenty of listings about things to do in my area as I noticed it is pretty bare.

Is there an area where we can contact our local members with update emails does anybody know?

Take Care

Amanda
  • Options
    Hi Amanda
    I am Sarah Cardiff Community Manager
    I am not sure where you can contact your local members You could send Mandy an email and ask her how to get in touch with them and see what she says congratulations on being a CM keep on letting people know
    About the site have you thought about pre schools or primary schools
    Keep in touch with other CMS and they could help you out to I did my local
    Chemist
    Dentist
    Doctors
    Community centre
    Church
    supermarket
    And some of the mums i know
    Keep up with the listings
    Take Care
    Sarah
    CM FOR CARDIFF
  • Options
    Hi Sarah

Many thanks for some of those ideas. I must admit I am really enjoying getting my teeth into this role.

Take Care

Amanda
  • Options
    Hi Amanda

I am glad that you liked some of the idea.s
    I am enjoying the role to
    Good luck

Take Care
    Sarah
  • Options
    Hello All

I'm Toni and CM for Birmingham ~waves~ would love to see lots more of you over there...

We had our first meet up a couple of weeks ago with much fun bubbles and cake! what more could you want eh?

Come and say Hello to me and the bunch of people over there already

Toni x
  • Options
    Hi Toni
    I am Sarah and CM for Cardiff
    What did you do for your first meet up where did you have it
    What did you do for the kids
    Did you have drinks and cake
    Was it lots of fun
    How long di you have it for
    I am thinking of holding a coffee morning or a meet up
    After ideas
    Hello are you a new CM like me
  • Options
    Hi Sarah,

we had it in the park (Sutton Park) we had a bubble machine for the little ones which went down well, cup cakes for all, fresh fruit and snake balloon things for balloon races for slightly bigger children.

there was a coffee hatch/shop at the park, A childrens play area and a fenced safe grassed area for them to run about in.

It went well and everyone had a fab time. Can't wait to do it again!

If you are a Birmingham mum, drop me a message if you are interested in earning a subscription ( just 30 neighbourhood posts/reviews/discussions )

I'm on here lots and love a natter, would love for more people to be able to win some prizes for longest thread ect, you do need to register with me though so we can log your posts. Exciting times!