Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Kate Winslet says it's 'important to teach your children to struggle' Do you agree?

Hello.

We're wondering what you think about Kate Winslet's latest remarks about being a parent.

In reply to a journo asking her about her two divorces, and the 3 children she's had, each with a different husband, Kate said: "I think it’s very important to teach your children to struggle on some level. I would honestly say that I wouldn’t change a thing. Even all the bad bits. It doesn’t matter how crap times have been, they all matter, because those things shape who you are."

Do you agree with Kate? Do you think it's character-forming for young children to have to struggle a bit?

Or do you disagree and see it as your job as a parent - or future parent - to shield and protect your children from life's 'bad bits' until they're older?

We'd love to know what you think. Please do post on this thread and let us know!