Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone waiting to hear about primary school place for their child?

Hello

We know lots of you have older children, as well as those lovely babies and bumps, so we're wondering how many of you are waiting to hear about a primary school place (those letters are due to be sent out, in England and Wales at least, on Thursday April 16th).

If you are waiting, please do let us know how you're feeling. Are you chewing your nails in trepidation, hoping you've got in to the oversubscribed school you love? Are you confident you'll get a place? Or are you still philosophical about it all - you'll get what you get, and deal with it?

Do please share your thoughts by adding a post to this discussion thread. We love to hear how you're feeling - and we promise to come and chat and make the wait easier, if it's doing your head in!

Replies

• Options

Im waiting for my son's school letter. I'm quite lucky that where we live he's pretty much guaranteed a place. If for whatever reason it doesn't happen we will deal with it as it is. We only have one primary school local to us as we are classed as an island. Next one isn't far but they generally accommodate everyone they can. I think it's exciting. He's my first to go to school so it's all new to us!