Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

"You shouldn't be out of the house with a baby this young..."

Sainsbury's has apologised after a worker told a new mother she "shouldn't be out of the house with a baby this young"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-24667356

Am I the only one who thinks this is genuinely odd? WTF would you go up to someone quite randomly and say that, and when you're at work, in your work uniform?!

Replies

• Options

Ooh, this is my local sainsburys!

What an odd thing to say! Very strange indeed.

• Options

What an absolute non-story! Haha.

People said this sort of thing to me all the time but regards to "what are you doing bringing a baby out in this cold weather/snow... erm,  registering my daughters birth?  Buying food for us to eat?! Some people are strange. Personally think the person in question is making a mountain out of a mole hill!

Eta: My aauntie and mil also asked me this though,  seems in those days mom's post baby were advised 10 days indoors (something to do with infection mil says?). Baby was allowed out with dad though haha. Mil was shocked I went to the shop 3 days after my CS! 

• Options

In our local Sainsburys when E was 3 weeks old a lady who worked there told my H off for bringing us in as I looked 'exhausted' (still do) and that he must take us straight home. I wanted to smack her and felt so sorry for my H!

• Options

Over here it's considered strange to take a baby under 3 months out of the house but that's completely cultural. This is just odd.

• Options

We took A on the bus at 3 or 4 days old, in January, it was snowing.

Good thing too, as we were going to the hospital for a checkup and he ended up being readmitted and staying another three days.

People should keep their noses out.