Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

*** Weekend plans? ***

So what are you up to on the last weekend of the year?  Today we are having a Christmas get together at our house for friends and their kids.  I think we have 12-16 adults and 8 kids from 3pm which I'm really looking forward to.  Tomorrow we are going to have a chill out day and take the kids out to the beach with their new kites.

Replies

• Options

We're off to see Peter Pan this afternoon then out for a meal. Tomorrow I think we'll just be relaxing as my daughters got a barking cough and my H is complaining about feeling like hes got a cold coming.

• Options

Snow White that sounds like good fun, we should have made more plans to see friends.

Cedar - It's behind you!!! Ha ha - enjoy.

We are chilling today, Ive been sales shopping but its all pants to be honest.

Tomorrow I have my brother and his wife over for drinking games and nibbles to get rid of all the christmas food left over!

• Options

I've taken C to a birthday party today, now we're just having a relaxing afternoon.  MrDD's working, so will get dinner for when he gets home, then yet another quiet night in tonight.

Tomorrow we've got the excitement of the supermarket food shop!  I really want to get the tree and other decorations down tomorrow as well, plus I have a couple of C's presents that I need to take back to exchange (one jumper for a larger size, the other for one that doesn't make him scratch)

Very dull weekend!

• Options

Cedar I hope your h and daughter feel better. 1stbaby sounds like a good afternoon today. Deedee hope the shopping trip wasn't too bad.  Well our afternoon party turned into a 4 this morning party so have spent this morning cleaning. My friends daughter slept over so kids have been entertaining themselves which has been good. This afternoon will be a chilling afternoon I think, very tired ha ha.

• Options

SW I get the feeling that you'll be going back to work for a rest!

Peter Pan was good, we had a lovely tapas meal afterwards. Daughter was shattered and in bed by 6.30 - she slept until 8.15 which is unheard of for her and shows shes not right. Plus shes not hoovering food up like normal. Lazyish day here as a result of this. I've just done all the ironing.

Will spend the evening scoffing chocolates no doubt!

1st Baby, I didn't buy in the sales this year - though I've found the Christmas cards today I bought in last years sale and couldn't find before Christmas.

DD I let the decorations stay up until after New Years but I'm getting a little bored now!

• Options

Cedar I think you could be right, I'm back on Thursday, it's gone over so quickly.

• Options

SW - the shopping was ok actually, managed to return the things I needed to, and the purse I wanted before Christmas was now half price so a bonus there!

Cedar - I was just totally fed up of not having the usual space where some of C's toys live, especially now there's more of them - it's so much better now they're all down again Smile