Forum home› General Chat› General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Replies

• Options

You can buy cocodamol over the counter can take with ibuprofen regularly throughout day x

• Options

Oragel to put on gums if that helps? It's numbing stuff

• Options

When I was teething recently it turned otu not to be the tooth coming through causing pain but instead an infection that had got into the 'wound' so you def need the dentist asap in case it is thatHug

• Options

A bit late to this but ive suffered from dental pain and its been a killer. Nurofen plus is good. Try to get to the dentist it could be an infection rather than wisdom teeth. I used to get infections which I confused for wisdom teeth pain. When my actual wisdom teeth came through they weren't painful

• Options

Will the over the counter cocodamol knock you out? It's only low dose codeine?

The dentist should see you as emergency if u are in pain, also the dental hospital is open daily and should be one in your area and they take emergencies only

• Options

Erm your MIL shouldn't be handing out codeine, it is a prescription drug!

As CP said if you are in pain they must fit you in. This isn't a check up.

• Options

Ahh sorry you said she had given you codeine rather than cocodamol, that's what worried me! I know someone at work like that, that can get you any drug and it does worry me about people taking 'uncautiously'. Anyhow, have you taken cocodamol before and what is your body mass like? I have had to take it quite a bit and am rather large so it does make me sleepy but soem people taking one knocks them out. If before bed I'd take two but I know how it effects me.

• Options

Mm if you are very petite I wouldn't take 2 of those, that's why people shouldn't be giving out prescription drugs really as the over the counter stuff is only 8mg codeine where as the gp needs to prescribe anything higher iyswim, if you are needing that much codeine and ibuprofen then u needed to see dentist (either phone for emergency appt tomorrow or go to dental hospital )

Toothache is awful u have my sympathy

• Options

Yes. And please ring the dentist and explain it is an emergency appointment pleaseHug

• Options

Pleased you got seen mm, sounds similar to what I've had