Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

40th Wedding Anniversary Present

It's my parent's 40th wedding anniversary in April and I need to get a pressie. 

They've lasted 40 years but actually have little in common ROTFL

Mum doesn't drink, she's currently dieting (though would probably have a day off!), Dad plays golf - Mum hates it. 

Mum likes the theatre, not Dad's thing. 

Budget around £100. 

Any ideas? 

Replies

• Options

Dinner? Night away?

It's my parents and ILs 40th anniversaries this year as well, think I'll suggest a family meal out for both as it's also ours and SILs 10th anniversaries - eek!

• Options

Mum and Dad are taking us all out for a meal at easter (Mum is working on the actual day so the bank holiday weekend before works best).

Nights away are tricky as Mum works the weekends (though only 22 weeks a year) and dad is a golfer. Trying to convince him not to play is a chore....

• Options

BoB suggested an indian cooking lesson. I am drawn to that - I think they'd enjoy it so might do some research into it. (Ruby.. curry... see the link?!)

• Options

I think a cooking experiance would be nice.  My parents were brought a trip on a steam train recently (I cannot remember the name of it but could find out) they spent the whole day, went to Winchester Cathedral, dined on the train on the way home which was apparently lovely.  They really enjoyed it.  

I must admit I was really slack for my parents 40th, it was 3 days before M was bron so she was their gift Laugh

• Options

I think we bought my parents a picture although it was a while ago and I'm not 100% sure.

Having a cookery lesson would be fun. My dad wouldn't enjoy that but he would like the steam train outing NB suggedts. You can get them to all sorts of places in the south - someone I worked with did a day trip on the orient express altjough that might be more money.