Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Accountant hat on... Have you filed your tax return?

We only have four left to do now. Not bad given we had 90 to do at the beginning if the week!

Have you done yours?

Just a reminder that it effects high earners who claim child benefit now.

Replies

• Options

I need to do mine because I didn't cancel my CB in time. So annoying. And thanks for the reminder - where did Jamuary go?!?

• Options

I got mine in at the end of this week. According to the calculation they owe me £800 which will be great during mat leave, but then yesterday they decided to change my tax code for this year as they think I owe them a grand for 13/14. I can guess how they calculated that, but I think they'll be wrong in the end, but I'd rather overpay and get it back than get a bill whilst I'm off with the baby.

Odd question but on the CB thing is it your total income for the tax year like WTC? I only ask as my annual salary would tip me over but as I'm having 9 months off hopefully next year, my income wouldn't meet the threshold in 14/15. So as the babies due in early March do I hold off claiming CB until 7th April, then claim it for 14/15 then stop it again for 15/16 when I would be over the threshold again. I'm flipping confused!?!

• Options

Yep all done.

• Options

We submitted all of our paperwork and receipts to the accountant before Christmas. My H chased them the day before yesterday to be told they are just starting it....not impressed! The guy that does it has apparently been off sick- however there are plenty of others in the office who should have dealt with it IMO.As my H said we won't be paying any late fee as it is their fault. We had been impressed with ourselves as we are usually scrapping bits together last minute!

• Options

Section4
    As my H said we won't be paying any late fee as it is their fault. We had been impressed with ourselves as we are usually scrapping bits together last minute!

<cough> Need a new accountant? Wink ROTFL

• Options

Rusty- H's actual accountant....who was a partner in the company actually passed away after a long illness in the summer. The guy who was supposed to be doing it this year actually did our accountants last year.

• Options

Oh, how awful!

One more done - three to go! All are the same family so should be resolved by one phone call. Wish I had enough syns to celebrate with wine!

• Options

H did his was a night are next year we are having an accountant, more frustrating as he was barely at the threshold for paying back CB, but he has had to pay extra tax on his savings interest (he doesn't even have that much in the bank).

• Options

Well... If you're looking for someone to do it... ;) lol