Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am I being a miserable wotsit.....

Or am I not the only person who doubts that she'll be up to see in the New Year?? 

Replies

• Options

I'm not planning on staying up to see it in.  We are going to BIL's from 4pm for a bit of a party but are planning on coming home about 8ish for some food then sleep. We are out on all day session on NYD so don't want to spoil that by being hungover and tired.

• Options

If we do manage to stay awake until midnight, we'll be going bed straight after!

• Options

I don't want to be up for it.  I don't want to go to the party we're supposed to be going to where i'm going to have to spend the evening making excuses for not drinking, I'm going to be shattered (i already am) and I'm not in the mood at all.  I want to go home, put my onsey on and sit in front of the telly with a banana milkshake until about 9, then go to bed!  Instead I've got to put on a dress which is already too tight for me in the bust (only bought it two weeks ago)  and feel out of place as I always do at these things.  I'm just not like the other women there, I'm really not.  I'm not knocking them, but i don't do false eyelashes and hair extensions and very high heels, and being really cold because bringing a jacket is uncool.  I'm a camper, i wear blue nail polish (if at all), I wear glasses and I like being a wally.  I feel so unglam at these things :(

• Options

sorry, that turned into a rant.

• Options

I'm the opposite, kind of want to celebrate this year!

• Options

I think I'll be in bed early. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and diabetic. I can only celebrate with a diet coke and an oatcake. Don't think I'll bother!

• Options

I've not seen in the new Year since my drug induced days. I don't get it never have hence the naughties helping lol!

Sd has about hundred mates over , we are watching a film once L in bed then of to bed ourselves.

• Options

I am working until 10pm and I am planning to be in my bed by midnight as my kids have been waking at stupid-o'clock for what seems like eternity,  sleep is definitely taking priority over fun!

• Options

I don't think I'm doing anything exciting, still loaded with the lurgy Sad

• Options

We will be in bed by 10pm I reckon!

• Options

Yeah with your jiggle balls lol xxx

• Options

I'll be in bed early, I have the fluey lurgy and quite frankly would like to go to bed now!!!

• Options

No, I don't think you're being miserable. It's up to you. We've always stayed up, but that's us xxx

• Options

H is working so I'll head to bed at normal time, but we have a nice meal planned for tomorrow night and a bottle of bubbly, so we celebrate tomorrow.  When he is off we stay up and celebrate but no fun on your own! And I'll have the kids on my own tomorrow morning so can't be hungover as wouldn't cope! I agree though, it's each to their own. No one should be pressured to do anything they don't want to. Happy new years eve to you all whether you be asleep or partying.