Forum home› General Chat› General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do you reckon I could get away with this?

Es 3ds won't play the games after I installed a system update.  She got it last Feb, do you reckon I could take it back to Argos and tell them she got it this Feb but I can't find the receipt and hope they might swap it for me?

Replies

• Options

It wouldn't hurt to give it a go. The worst that would happen is they would tell you that they need the reciept. Give it a go.

• Options

I don't think I'd dare, but worth giving it a go.  If it ends up they can work out the date you bought it from you address or something then just feign ignorance that you must have got mixed up.

Is it a standard system update that you did?  Maybe worth googling to see if it's a common problem, or contacting Nintendo about it.

• Options

My dad does this all the time. He has no shame! He rarely gets challenged. Worst they can do is say is no...

• Options

Right I'm off into town to try my luck, fingers crossed, I'll let you know how I get on.

• Options

I've returned something to argos when I didn't even buy it from them in the first place, it was an "off the back of a lorry" type purchase shall we say.  They accepted it no questions asked.

• Options

Good luck SW

• Options

Fingers crossed!

• Options

How did you get on?

My dad once sliced through the cord on his brand new electric hedge strimmer. He carefully put it back in the box so that you couldn't see what he'd done and took it back. Sales girl couldn't have cared less and gave him a new one. No shame, my family Laugh

• Options

It didn't work. They send them back off to Nintendo to be fixed but proof of purchase is required boo.

• Options

Do you know anyone that has got one recentish to use their receipt?

• Options

B0llocks. QS' idea is a good one.

• Options

If it was a standard system upgrade Nintendo should repair or anyway? Try calling Nintendo customer services ?