Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do your neighbours do anything really annoying?

Do your neighbours do anything really random that drives you insane? 

Not sure if this is pregnancy hormones or not lol!.

Generally my neighbours are nice people! A house down from my direct neighbours has decided in the past few weeks every afternoon too rev a bike... Doesn't actually ride it but just rev's it for about 10 mins and the turns it off... He does this every day? It's seriously giving my the rage lol! It's even more annoying when I have the patio doors open! 

He's just finished his daily rev! I am half tempted to shout swear words out the window at him lol! 

Replies

• Options

Give him what for!!! ;)

Our neighbour owns 2 houses to the left of ours. Used to own ours as well. He's eccentric as hell. He owns a 3 storey house (immediately next to us) to keep for storage. He lives in the next one along. A house just used for hoarding. Wtf?! He goes to lots of boot fairs so often at 5am he's making space for his purchases by unloading his car (big Volvo he keeps full of stuff), putting the stuff in the garage. It can be very noisy. Makes me CROSS!!

• Options

Oh jeez that must be a nightmare! 5am that is mental!

• Options

YES! All the time. They had chickens. We live in a terrace house, the gardens are tiny, there chickens took up all of their garden and made a lot of mess. So much that one day we saw a RAT come into our garden from theirs! I'm sure that was from all the hay and chicken feed and poo that covered their whole garden. Also, we live in a generally nicely kept area. Their house is the only one on our street that has overgrown bushes and mess on the front. It is guaranteed that at 3.30pm every weekday you will hear them come into their house. Only a few seconds will pass before you hear them shouting and screaming at each other and doors slamming and stomping. All we ever hear the mother scream is LIAAAAAAMMM (her youngest son), at the top of her voice. I could name more but I would go on forever.

They moved away for about a year when we first moved in but then they moved back

I saw them on the front this afternoon, I was holding D in my arms, we went over to see them and as soon as the lady from next door started to speak and coo and D, he took one look at her and burst out crying..........says it all really!

• Options

Yes, this is the view from my front window, I think it's incredibly selfish of them.  We get on with them ok and my boys love playing with their boys but i hate the caravan!

no idea why it's upside down, grrr

• Options

The caravan would drive me mad!

• Options

Oh god chickens would drive me mental poor you.. did make me laugh little on cried lol!

Grr at the caravan! How awful

• Options

New neighbours exchanged the Friday before last then didn't the whole weekend hammering/doing DIY. We live in a terrace so them hammering on the walls means we hear every sound. This went on until nearly 7pm and has continued each night as they pop over for a couple of hours more work after work...so from 6.30/7pm just as I get in. They didn't come round initially to introduce themselves or warn us they were going to be banging so I was left fuming not wanting to go round and have my first introduction as "snotty neighbour next door who doesn't like noise after 6.30pm"!

Sure this is me being irrational!

• Options

We live in an end terraced house, our front door is next to the neighbours and he will from time to time spit just outside his front door, discusting.

We have another row of houses whose gardens end along the side of our garden. The idiot landlords who couldn't install a fence properly, their tennant now moved whose dog (big dog) escaped into our garden shewed my son's footballs and traumatised him. He also dumped a load of rubbish in a bit of a noman's land area at the back of another garden which backs onto ours. Threwing poo over the fence from the dogs not into our garden but close to it. It stank and when I complained had a go at me. A neighbour who wont talk to us aobut his tree.

Boy I'm a grumpy cow.

• Options

Kittykat.. that would of peed  me off too.. would ofbeen nice of them to introduce themselves first and then say sorry for the noise!  Just polietness really!

Winter the spitting is disgusting! And he soubds delightful throwing poo etc lovely!

• Options

We're very lucky, we only have 3 sets of neighbors (two middle aged couples and a family with two young boys) and I'm sure I must be the neighbour they complain  about with me shouting at my two boys all the time ha ha!

Last year though DH & I had a rare night out on our own and we were looking forward a long lie in as the boys were staying over at their nans, but next door decided to mow his back lawn at 7.30 am on a Saturday morning, it was summer so our window was open, I slammed it shut for dramatic effect and he's not done it since!

I think 7.30 am is too early for mowing lawns, even if we had had the boys at home they sleep through to around 8am at weekends normally so it would have waked them as well!

• Options

Sorry to hear you all have rubbish neighbours too!

The ones next door to us are pretty annoying, but thankfully they are moving in a months time! They always park their car literally touching the bumper of ours and not because it means they can get another car outside their house, just to be annoying! Also they went through a phase of moving our wheelie bins from their 'home' on the side of the driveway into the centre of our drive, everyday! So we would have to get out of the car and move the bins before being able to park in our garage. They are fruit loops though!

• Options

Yes a couple of my neighbours park like pillocks. They purposely leave massive gaps between their cars, essentially taking up 4/5 spaces with their 2 vehicles, it's just to annoy everyone else who lives in the street and struggles to park around them. And he revs his car for no reason whatsoever just before turning it off. It's probably why his cars are always breaking down.

Other than them my neighbours are all lovely.