Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ex having the kids overnight

I explained my concerns and he replied he just wanted to help B settle in first and then would ahve U the next time. Ithen asked when did he want to do it and he hasn't replied since.

Although after B spoke to Ex he now thinks he is going to live with DaddySad

Replies

• Options

That's a start QI, as we thought it's to settle B first then have U. It's a good thing. Him not responding is just one of those things.

As for B thinking he's going to live with daddy, just explain he's not, he's got two homes now, one with mummy & one with daddy. He lives with mummy but visits & stays over at dads Hug

• Options

Just what Belle said. His explanation of having b first was probably the best he could have given. B is a bright little boy just explain exactly what time he will be back at home the next day.

• Options

Its a start isn't it.  His explanation of letting B settle in is justified imo.  It is a step in the right direction.  

I'm sure when you explain that he is having a sleepover at daddy's he will understand x

• Options

I tried explaining it in terms of 'you know when we stayed at x's house, we spent the night there and then we came back to our house'?

He said he wants to live with Daddy because Daddy never tells him off.

• Options

Well he's not so it's tough. End of.

• Options

And I bet anything he misses you and can't wait to see you when he stays with h, the grass is always greener to children!

• Options

It's hard but it's a start.  Poor little mite though thinking he's going to live with daddy.  

• Options

That must be hard for you to hear but he will soon get used to it (if ex does stick by his word, which is doubtful) and I agree, the grass is always greener but he will miss you when he is there.

When I was B's age I used to love going to my dads, I could get away with murder but I soon got sick of it and realised what a piece of sh!t he was and from around 7yrs refused to go to his.