Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

From the mouth of babes

Have your little ones done/said anything embarrasing recently?

both my boys have had us in stitches this week

L(6) has autism so doesnt always act normally around stranger, we were having a walk along the river and there was a young couple sitting cuddling on the bank, all of a sudden L sqeezes his head between theirs and sings 'hellooo', the poor people nearly pooped themselves. luckily they saw the funny side!

At the beach the other day C (4) overheard some teenagers saying they needed to find rockpools with water in, he runs up to them looking really proud saying 'hey guys if you need some water there's some over there!' point to the sea, the teenagers looked so bemused. C couldnt understand why me and H were laughing so much

Replies

• Options

Aww, bless them!

O, who's 3, was asked if he was a boy, to which he said no, so he was asked if he was a girl, again he replied no. When we asked him what he was, he replied "a poo". He couldn't understand why we laughed so much.

• Options

Not quite as funny but kind of cool. I was at the bank on Friday and ended up talking to a customer at the bank saying I was getting change for our rock school show and our & year old son explained it wasn't a school about rocks but where you learnt to play guitar etc in bands.

When I was 4 I explained to my step grandma who I have always refered to as Auntie why she wasn't my real grandma, oops.

• Options

This one was actually kind of worrying. I was in the shop the other a day and a young lad, must have been about 7, asked me to get a little plastic gun thingy down for him that he couldn't reach so I did. As I passed it to him he asked how much it was, I told him it was £3. He then turned it around, pointed it at me and said 'Give me £3 or I'll blow your head off.' He then dropped it and ran off laughing. No parents to be seen. I wonder what he'll be doing when he's a bit older...

• Options

These are all funny except the last one whis is worrying! Guess I have all this to look forward to

• Options

S isn't talking yet but I've had a glimpse at what a rascal he might be when he is...

He's started doing a little fake laugh, just "a-ha" which he did when pointing at two goth girls from his pushchair the other day.

Then another day in his pushchair we were stuck walking slowly behind an elderly couple when he pressed a button on his fake keyring toy that makes a really loud HONK like a car horn. The couple immediately turned round and hurriedly got out of the way, apologising for bring old and slow. I was a bit embarrassed!