Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

General, how are we all?

Just thought it might be nice to just chat and catch up?

With P back in school and so less plans I'm hoping I can get on here more now. P has just started year 2, for the first time he has got an older,stricter   teacher. This along with it being the first year there is no play in class, just work so he is finding it a bit hard. I know it's something every child goes through at some point but I do feel for him. He has loved the previous two years so I'm gutted he isn't as happy. Shea is Shea, he is really coming on and a major character. He was a major handful for a year but had mellowed a bit now, could the terrible two's have been and left....I doubt it!

I have just joined the weight loss thread. I really want to do thus for me. I don't feel like I should be this size and I don't like it. We are done having babies now so no excuses I want to regain myself. I'm a stay at home mum and rarely do a thing for myself that isn't for others, so I want to do this for me. I'm going to find a local group and maybe even start some classes, eeek. I love our life, I just need to regain a bit of me now.

So how is everyone, what's going on for you ATM?

Replies

• Options

Glad things are going well generally for you QS. I so know how you feel with the having nothing for yourself thing, I am definitely 'just a mum' at the moment, I do go to Zumba once a week but that's about it and I often feel like I've got nothing to talk about apart from the kids and I feel so boring :-(

Today I'm having a bloody awful day tbh!  My younger 2 had appointments at the dentist this morning and neither of them let the dentist look in their mouths.  Embarrassing, I just felt like I'd completely wasted her time.  So our treat of going to a café for a cake afterwards was cancelled. Just as we got out of the dentist my 3 year old (A) threw the biggest tantrum and refused to walk. I had M in the pushchair and A is too big/heavy/kicking off for me to carry. Everyone is looking at me.  I just start to cry!! How pathetic, can't believe I reacted like that. Someone I know stopped to try and help me but there's no stopping A when she kicks off. It took us ages to walk home and she's now in her bedroom.  I've just got in the house and let go, sobbing like an idiot :-(  I'm now having a cup of tea trying to calm myself down. I know everyone goes through this but I really felt like my kids are the worst behaved ever today, a lot of my friend's kids never seem to have tantrums in public, so why do mine??

Oh dear sorry to wreck your thread, I think I just needed to vent!

• Options

Sorry to hear P is struggling a bit at school QS, hopefully he'll settle into it soon enough.  Great that Shea is doing so well and mellowing - C still hasn't!  

Frankie - don't feel bad about the dentist, I bet they have that all the time - C often tantrums in public and it really upsets me, so I understand how you feel xx

All ok here, C's loving school and I'm enjoying my day off on my own - spent most of it shopping last week (although wasn't a successful trip!), and I've arranged a lunch this week, plus I've got a load of jobs to do this week too.  I do miss C though but he's gaining so much from school.

I've got a show in two weeks time so spending most of my spare time rehearsing for that at the moment - I've got a really big part in it so I'm stressing a little bit <wibble>

• Options

That's just what the thread was for, a chat. I'm so sorry your morning has gone like that. Wednesday of last week I should just never have got out of bed. My P would never dream of having a strop, then there is S, he is a pro. Some times I deal with it well and although I can't stop him it's felt with ok, other times I just go to pot too. It all gets too much for the best of us at times and be we be ashamed of that. Have your brew, then make a conscious decision that that's it and the rest of the day will be better. I hope it works, or at least you get an early childrens bedtime tonight.  

I'm totally just a housewife and mum, as soon as I had P I went completely this way. I love that my family are and always will be my priority over all. But I know I can be more myself iyswim?

• Options

Thanks Deedee, my eldest used to embarrass me all the time with tantrums in public but this is the 1st time A has done it and I forgot how embarrassing it can be. I had a mixture of smug and pitying looks from other people, not sure which was worse! It's my time of the month too and I'm super emotional which doesn't help.

Good luck for your show.  I'm glad you're getting some 'me' time too.

On a positive note, we're in the middle of having our loft converted which is exciting and I can't wait for it to be finished so we have more space.  F is loving her new class at school and is learning lots.  On a Thursday both my younger 2 go to playgroup for 2 & half hours so I have alllll that time TO MYSELF!! It's amazing! Admittedly I spend the time usually running errands or doing housework but it's still time to myself.  This Thursday I'm going to a MacMillan coffee morning and I'm so excited cos I get to eat the cake all to myself and don't have to worry about the little ones running about and behaving themselves.

• Options

Fantastic news on C loving school. I have to admit I always live your pics of him, he is so gorgeous and smiley! Good luck with the show, will you post us a costume pic when you do it?

• Options

Ahh Frankie, time to yourself I'm so jealous. Can I admit I'm already thinking of looking into nursery s for when S turns three, and he has only just turned 2! We have our loft done, I love it. What are you going to use it for?

• Options

Oh QS I'm sorry P is struggling but give it anpther couple of weeks and hell be alright. I'm pleased for you to have made the decision and join WL you CAN do it. We've all been there. I was a size 14 last summer I'd never dream I'd be a size 8 again but here I am.

Frankie Have a hug sweetie Hug Our kids are sent to try us and try us they do. Just chill out now you are home and once A has apologised move on. I feel like all L does for me lately is play up which ends up with me shouting at him then I get upset cos the limited time I have with him he's upset. I can hear my mother in me as well and it's awfully worrying. I've promosed him I'll decorate his bedroom this weekend so hopefully he'll love me again!

AF I'm good, work is busy, life is busy. Nothing to report really.

• Options

Frankie - do you think A reacted because F did?  TOTM certainly isn't going to help.  Enjoy your time on Thursday, it's a lovely thing to look forward to even if it is full of jobs xx

QS - thanks Smile we think he's cute too, obviously.  I'm sure there'll be pics on FB of me in costume!

• Options

You weren't Belle! I didn't realise you have had that weight loss. Well done and thanks for the inspiration. Fx your right about P.

I've been wanting to decorate the boys rooms for ages but our tenant isn't paying their rent ATM so we are having to scrimp to compensate. Will we get a pic, what you doing?

• Options

Thanks everyone. I know I have so much to feel grateful for, just have had so many tantrums to deal with lately I've really had enough!

QS I feel envious that you have one child that doesn't strop! All my 3 do (to varying degrees).  What do you use your loft for? Ours is being split into 2 rooms, one will be a playroom (and a 'den' for the kids when they are older) and the other is apparently going to be H's 'man cave' but will actually be a study type room with lots of storage for things like paperwork and all the other crap I've got cluttering up the rest of my house lol. The plasterer is coming next week so it's not far off being ready now.

Thanks Belle.  Sorry that L has been playing you up recently too. I shout at my kids too much too and always feel bad afterwards.  What are your plans for his bedroom, colours etc?

• Options

I'm the opposite, I wish P had eased us in more as S was a real shock to the system ;-). Erm my loft, it was a lovely office and spare room for family to stay in but it's gradually transforming into my drying, folding ironing clothes room. Yours sounds lovely. All that space will make a massive difference.

• Options

I sure as hell was QS so there you ahve it if I can do it so can you. I feel amazing now and it's only a bit of tonigh and a few pounds gained that I need to lose.

As for louie's bedroom he has the teeniest tineist box room ever - poor lad so it will be a case of remocing the ITNG wall stickers, a lick of white paint on the walls and then Mike the Knight stickers on the walls Laugh

• Options

I remember you saying about L's room before Belle, I bet he'll be as chuffed as anything with his new stickers :-)

• Options

How'd you lose it Belle?

• Options

I had no idea, thanks Belle. Grrr, I can do this!

That sounds an ideal little boys room, a den. That and it means you can get it all done over the weekend, fx and good luck!

• Options

LegallyBlonde

How'd you lose it Belle?

I started WW LB then after the 3 month free trial (I was too tight to pay to be weighed - I never listened to the talks) I just followed their principles and points. I tried to cut out carbs as much as possible - I ditched bread for breakfast and switched to fruit & WW yoghurts. Switched sandwiches / rolls etc for lunch to soups salad or sushi, and dinners I avoided pasta and potatoes and bulked out with veggies. One huge thing for me was stopping drinking at home. I used to do 1 bottle of wine an evening so I stopped completely and now have 1 can of diet coke or pepsi a night. I'd drink at weekends but have a Gin & Slim instead. And exercise. I started the 30DS in September I think, did a few weeks then gave up then started again then gave up... then completed it.  It really did help!

• Options

Afternoon all.

As sorry to hear about P but I'm sure he'll pick up soon. My boy has only just started full days at school and he and lots of his classmates are struggling with the tiredness and the fact that more is required of them this year. It's just an adjustment they have to go through I suppose, doesn't stop us worrying though Smile

frankie - my eldest is/was the biggest tantrummer I have yet to meet so I can sympathise. They get over it eventually, N's are few and far between now and I can reason with him much more easily now but my god did he humiliate me in public on numerous occasions a couple of years ago! I also used to go home and cry and would behind it must be my fault but they do get over it eventually luckily.

Well I'm waiting on our relocation agent to get me some apartment viewings, I can't flipping wait to move and have more space and an extra bedroom and to just start afresh really. That's all I can think about at the moment as well as N's party, my 30th, other birthdays and Christmas argh!

• Options

Aw, P will be ok QS.

Frankie, poor you, they are here to try us

DeeDee, good luck with show.

As for me, I am fine, Liam is fine and H is fin Laugh  Work is ok as well.  BORING!

• Options

Hello all,

All ok here (although quite stressful), started uni last week and the workload is immense, plus working full time, plus house renovations its all just a tad stressful, but on a positive note work good, by doing my course il get my promotion (and toying with the idea of a little business sideline too) and renovations coming along nicely.

Isaac is a bit of a bugger Weep, v hard work, hitting, biting, tantrum ing but he also has moments of being a total joy so I'm hoping the vileness passes soon.

L fine, doing well at school and has a lovely little group of friends (all boys, he doesn't like girls eugh! Laugh)

H is ok, he's got a few jollies with man city around Europe (he HAS to go dontcha know [rollseyes]), although he's not happy in his job (hasn't been for ages) so will need to have a chat to see what he wants to do.

Don't think il be on much really over the next few months as will be up to my eyeballs in uni work Weep

X

• Options

Any pics of your renovations CP? Your life sounds manic but fab!