Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Giving away the baby stuff...

So I've finally admitted that there's little point keeping any baby stuff so have cleaned up the buggy in readiness to give to a friend in need and will be clearing out all the boys outgrown clothes to pass onto a cousin who's expecting shortly.

I feel so sad the baby days are done though, relived, but sad. Anyone else?!

Replies

• Options

Yes me too. We have spent the last few months trying to decide if we want a third and came to the decision to stick with two. The final test was when my friend had a baby last month. I didn't feel at all broody holding her. I feel sad to not be pregnant or have a baby again, but I wouldn't want another baby if that makes sense.

So I know we are definite that there is to be no more, but I still feel sad.

Although currently my bouncy chair is at £31 on eBay with 6 days left to go so that is making me less sad haha!!

• Options

Sorry had to dash off yesterday as C was ill at school - one part of parenthood I'll happily swerve forevermore!

£31 is great! I have so much stuff up in the loft, bouncy chair, moses baskets, jumperoo. Must get it down and flogged for something nice. Red soled shoes maybe...

I've never really felt 'done' but 2 MC and the fact I probably can't have more has put paid to that. I will instead be grateful for what I have and enjoy all the newborn cuddles my job allows me...can't say it isn't a lovely feeling when I'm done cuddling them to sleep and I hand them back to exhausted looking parents.

• Options

I agree I don't know that I will ever feel "done". Which makes it a hard decision.

But the only bit of me that feels sad about not doing it again is a but that I think would feel like that no matter how many we had.

And I do not want to star in an episode of 16 kids and counting!!

• Options

We're selling as we go this time round...as much as in some ways I'd love another I'm also not sure I could so the newborn days and crazy hormones all over again! I've boxed a few special bits from each of the boys but otherwise it's all going...my house is going to look huge when it's gone!! Lol

• Options

We have so, so much baby stuff for our LO, saved hopefully for number two. But if we can't have another (distinct possibility) I will really struggle to part with any of it - though I know I must! So I can imagine how you feel, although it's lovely that the things will be loved by someone else now and get lots of use :)

• Options

I've passed on a load of boys clothes to my colleague as she's due a couple of months after me, and they're too boyish for my girls so I charity shopped the rest. TBH, I'm glad of the space I'm freeing up. I'm keeping any sentimental outfits and getting some sleepsuit animals made with outfits specific to each child, I'm being ruthless with the rest though I know I'll find getting rid of the newborn clothes difficult considering I've kept so much of it!