Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone been to turkey in August?!

How was it heat wise?! Ok? What about for children?! I am thinking too hot 

Replies

• Options

40+ degrees! I haven't been but a couple of friends have been an they said it was too hot?! I love the heat but I've never been anywhere that has got to 40 degrees x

• Options

Yes iv been to bodrum end if July! You literally couldn't breathe! I love the heat though so I'd be out there sunbathing from about 9! H found it unbearable. I think kids wise you could go inside at the hottest times and be in the pool early morning/late afternoon

• Options

We went when Lou was 9months. He was sick one day but not heat related. I didn't find it hat bad at all. Cyprus in August was worse.

You booking a holiday?

• Options

Thanks ladies x

• Options

Sorry Belle missed you there, we cannot afford two holidays this year. Not for me for my cousin, she has a cheap deal but has a 3 & 6 year old so wanted an opinion. I have been in October and September which was hot enough x

• Options

Yes - BOILING. Too hot for me (I was 16). Went in June a couple of years ago and it was just as hot but enjoyed it much more then.

• Options

Ha! I'm such a sun worshipper. Wimps the lot of you! ROTFL

• Options

We've been at the beginning of July one year and it go up to the high 40s.  They were dragging people off the beach in Marmaris, the resort next to where we were because it was too hot.  The latest i'll go again is the end of June, after that i'd wait until september/october.  Where in Turkey is she looking at?