Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help! In growing hair *sob*

I've got a big lump on my groin (where leg & bikini line meet) it's solid and red. I've not picked or squeezed and it's painful as! Any creams or lotions I can buy or any old wives tales on how to draw the hair out? 

Im away next week & wanted to use the pool in the hotel but can't with this. Oh & L has swimming lessons on Saturday! 

Replies

• Options

You need to get the hair out! Can you see it with a mirror?

• Options

I get them sometimes. I use spot gel on mine, look for one that contains salicylic acid ( I think that's how it's spelt) I also use an anti bac cleanser on it twice a day.

It's a pain, literally but it does clear up in a few days.

• Options

No can't see any hair yet munchkin those ones are easy. This could even be a follicle deep down its a proper lump like I've never had before. Been putting nappy cream and toothpaste on it (last night & this morning) but need something better.

Thanks lmp will pop to boots see if they have anything.

• Options

Not sure this is the best advice but I usually dig the hair out!

• Options

LB I do with surface ones but this is like a pimple, no head, no hair, just a huge lump. I need something to draw it to the surface

• Options

Lion ointment or magnesium sulphate helps to draw anything out, especially if you have any poison

• Options

Where can I get them KW ?

• Options

Erm good question, try a good pharmacy for MS and the health shops used to sell LO. Il gave a google for you x

• Options
    Not heard of lion ointment but was going to suggest magnesium sulphate, you get it from the chemists in a little pot. X
  • Options
    X post with KW sorry!
  • Options

Right will go Holland and Barrett at lunchtime - thanks!

• Options

Is it ***? if so squeeze it, once the pus is out youl prob be able to remove the hair. I had one on my inner thigh once, it was very painful.

• Options

No like I've said, no head, just a lump which is why I need to draw the hair out.

• Options

I don't know how you can't not pick it. I'd have been straight at it with a sterile pin. Ingrowing hairs are a b*stard.

If it doesn't go down go to the GP, it might be infected.

• Options

Sshh there is nothing to pick at it's just a lump - do you randomly poke at your skin with needles? Ingrowing hairs you can see, yes I get that but this was showing nothing just a bump - as if I'd bumped my head kind of bump.

Anyway I got the MS and it's working a treat, almost down, no longer red and I think I can see the hair but I will NOT pick as I need to get into a cossie at the weekend.