Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How would you react if you knocked a tin of paint over?

Today I knocked over a half tin of paint which spread all over the floor. I said blast and then set about cleaning it up.

My Dad witnessed this and said he couldn't believe how calm I was. He said he would ahev been spitting swear words everywhere and would have been really angry.

I just don't seem to get angry (I am actually having CBT about this at the moment) but I would be interested in what people's reactions to this situation would ahev been - I am in a learning curve here!

Replies

• Options

I'd stand there looking at it crying for a bit then clean it up.

• Options

The air would be blue, then I'd clear it up, then turn the air blue again, then laugh....I think.

• Options

I'd probably swear a little bit, then set about cleaning it up.  I have spilt little bits on the carpet when decorating and have usually quietly cleaned it up (in the hope that my H won't notice!)

• Options

I think it'd depend on what kind of flooring it'd happened on. If it was a brand new carpet I'd probably cry and vow to never paint again. If it was something easily cleanable or that didn't really matter I'd probably just curse the paint wastage!

• Options

What PS said, it would depend on how fixable it was. I'd be v annoyed with myself if I dropped it all over a carpet.

• Options

I did this when I was 20 weeks pregnant and we were moving house (hormones and stress!!) all over the back of my car. I bawled my eyes out, drove home and my H and MIL helped clean it up! I think even if I wasn't upduffed I probably would have blubbed a bit but maybe not as much as I did...

• Options

Depending in the damage I'd cry and clean it up. No need to get stressed over something I can't change.

I had an incident at work where my laptop broke and all my work was lost, I was very calm about it, the techie was amazed that I wasn't more angry/annoyed, but it was one of those things. Fast forward a few years when im pregnant and my memory stick with all my MA research on breaks and I'm a sobbing mess. I blame it on the hormones. In both cases the work was all recovered.

• Options

Depends on where. If it was in my hall ATM (just about to be decorated) then I wouldn't bat an eyelid, although would likely be a bit annoyed I had to clean it up.

If it was anywhere else I'd swear a lot probably, and clean it up

• Options

It would depend what floor it was on!  On a tiled floor, a drat would escape my lips then I'd clean it up while telling myself off for being so clumsy.  If it were on the carpet, I'd clean up while either swearing at myself or crying at the ruined carpet.

• Options

I don't think I'd get that annoyed really. It's one of those things, crying or swearing won't change that it's happened or get it cleaned up any quicker. I might swear once initially I guess but honestly, I'd probably just crack on with it and wait for H's meltdown...!

• Options

When oh did this on our stairs I was also surprisingly calm. Accident yes but I still think he did it in bad temper! Literally no point crying over spilled milk though.

I just got a fella out to clean the carpets the next day.