Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

if you had one day in London with kids....

...aged 3 and 8, what would you go and see?

I'm thinking the sightseeing bus and going to Bucky palace for changing of guard, tower of London, London eye and Wembley tour (H and stepson are footy mad, and my mate works there so could get us tickets). Think that'd be about the limit you could squeeze into one day?

What do you think, any advice or tips??

Thanks

Replies

• Options

I think that would be plenty, and you might not actually get all of that done. Mine (not far off 3 and 6) would love the bus and london eye. They've seen the palace but it didn't hold their interest for long. One thing you haven't mentioned is the museums. They are brilliant and free!

• Options

Any chance you can stay overnight and do the wembkey tour the next day?

I'm worried after all that they might not get much out if the Wembkey tour - but I do get knackered easily and my 10 year olds attention span is not the longest...

The London eye is great for adults but I know my ten year old would get bored. I've never done the museums with kids but A raves about them and she's been a few times. I think the natural history is her favourite.

If you're going in the summer take time to go to Hyde Park and just soak up the atmosphere. Kids often like going to Harrods too, but beware of a credit card and the toy dept. if I go with A she gets a budget and that's it.

• Options

We went last Jan when kids were about your kids' ages. We stayed for two days and did the palace, Trafalgar square,  London eye which both kids loved (we did it at night), British museum which was crap but the kids liked it, h and J did the history museum while me and E went to a show, we did a bit of shopping on oxford street, then met friends for tea.  Like Beez said, if you are going in the summer defo go to Hyde park.

• Options

I was thinking with museums you'd end up in there for hours and we've not really got much time, happy to be corrected though!

I did think it was a lot to try to squeeze in :) but that's normal for me Laugh think it'll need organized with military precision!

The bus tour does stop at Hyde park so could take a picnic to have there, that's a good idea. Think Harrods would be a bit much as I personally could spend half a day in there. Thought maybe hamleys?

Cheers ladies

Anymore "must dos"?

• Options

Should have said we are staying about an hour from London to go to legoland and peppa pig world so didn't really want to spend two days in London as think it's already starting to get expensive

• Options

Oh yes, we also did hamleys which was good - and expensive!!!!

• Options

Of the Kensington museums I'd say for their ages the Science Museum would be the best - they've got loads of hands on stuff. Then maybe the Natural History Museum particularly if dinosaurs are of interest.