Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

So upset with family

My sister has to get out her place by tomorrow. Mum has a whole loft extensiob sis could use but mum has said no she cant stay as she might lose her social money. So today my sis and her two kids are moving into ours. There will be 5 kids and 3 adults in a 3bed semi. We arent sure on logistics yet but i cant see her on streets.

Im so angry at mum. H is furious and refuses to have her in houae again. How can you do that yo your kids?

Replies

• Options

That's awful, she's lucky to have a great sister like you willing to take her in even without the space, hope she is ok

I'd be furious at your mum too

• Options

Oh no. Family can be so rubbish. If we weren't related to them, we wouldn't have to bother with them at all. :-(

I hope things start to get sorted put quickly and you all get some good things happening soon x

• Options

That's awful.  I just cannot imagine what is going through your mother's mind??? Even worse that she's doing it to her grandkids too.  How long will your sister be with you, sounds like a really tight squeeze.

• Options

Oh no your poor sister. That's so good of you to make space for them though, hope it all works out.

• Options

Belle, how sh!t for your sister and how selfish of your mam, I can't believe any mother wouldn't bend over backwards to help her daughter and grandaughters.

Good for you though, it will be cramped but I'm sure you will manage, hopefully it won't be for too long x

• Options

Belle, that's incredibly selfish. I think you are a gem for stepping in and helping out your sister despite not having much space for them.

• Options

How awful of your mum, so selfish just to think of herself when your sister is in such need.  You're so lovely for helping her out xx

• Options

Goodness me Belle, that is awful.  NO wonder you are upset and D is angry.  Thank god she has you x

• Options

My Mum wouldn't have my Sisters live with her, but then they have caused no end of trouble for her over the years.

When I left my H, she let me and my boys stay for 3 months.

Lovely of you to help her out Belle.

• Options

I had wodda with mum last night and she kept making it about her. How Im making her look bad. No its not about you. Its about them.

I need to call our local housing and get her on list. She's hoping to get two months rent together and get housing benefit for a place.

• Options

Poor girl, does she work? x

• Options

Ah that's really harsh of your mum to say no.

Can she claim homelessness? I thought they put people up in a hostel or hotel type place and sort them a home pretty quickly. My sister has help with financial costs of renting so could find out how that works if you need me to.

Thank god she has you. I also couldn't see any of my family on the street x

• Options

that's terrible, no wonder you're angry with your mum.  Your sister is lucky to have a sister like you.  It'll be tough fitting everyone in, but you'll manage.

• Options

Yep sis works which is making things difficult. If she claimed benefits she would be better off! Claiming homelessness takes weeks. I've spoken with boroughs this am. Its shocking.

• Options

Poor her.  Hope that she manages to get something sorted soon

• Options

Cheers hon.

• Options

How *** is that? Good for you helping her out x

• Options

Your poor sister, lucky she has you to help her out.

It may be worth speaking to the council about her finding a privately rented place herself and claiming housing benefit - often they can sort out the housing benefit quicker if a property has been found by the applicant then them finding a property to put her in the kids in

• Options

On it already ferbs in her borough and mine. Appointment made for 2 weeks for my borough but her borough are happy for her ro receive a deposit bond if she can find somewhere to accept it. Need to see how much housing benefit is as that makes difference to what she can afford to rent.

• Options

Belle

On it already ferbs in her borough and mine. Appointment made for 2 weeks for my borough but her borough are happy for her ro receive a deposit bond if she can find somewhere to accept it. Need to see how much housing benefit is as that makes difference to what she can afford to rent.

If you phone your local authority's housing benefit department they should have a general enquiries line. The housing benefit officers on there will be able to do a manual calculation to work out what her entitlement to HB and CTB would be. That's what I do for a job.