Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mother's Day - What did you all get up to?

I got a lie in!!!! and breakfast! It was all I asked for. I did still get a homemade card and a lovely set of pictures in frames of me and A on our hols. 

Also saw my Mum in the afternoon for a brew and to give her a present. 

Replies

• Options

That sounds lovely LP.  

I got up when W woke yesterday as he blessed us with a wee lie in too.  I got a bunch of flowers, a bar of Galaxy Caramel Chocolate from Bump (as this is what i'm craving at the moment) and a lovely new dressing gown too.  Hubby made us breakfast of rolls with egg and tatty scone which was very yummy.  I then got to go for a 4 hour nap during the day! and then we went over to my mums to drop off her card and gift and catch up on what they've been up to.

Was a lovely day, although after W went to bed i started getting irrationally annoyed about absolutely nothing, so decided to go to bed.  Bless H though, he came to bed and gave me a back rub and a foot rub too.

• Options

I would love a 4 hour nap!!!! A one hour nap would do. Sounds like an epic day for you. I remember the irrational bit of being pregnant, everything annoying you and no idea why!

• Options

Ooh lucky ladies with your lie-ins :) S was up at half 7 though so can't really complain!

I got some Lush bath bombs and the Imitation Game on dvd. H is also taking us out to lunch next week, I didn't want to go yesterday as it's always set menu stuff and I wanted to go when it was quieter.

In the afternoon S decided to start teething like a crazy person and was the most miserable little soul you've ever met! He has only got his back molars left to cut though, surely it's too early for them? He's been early with most of his others though...

Anyway, the day ended with a long hot bath and finishing s1 of Peaky Blinders whilst running up and down the stairs to settle the cranky child. Not ideal but never mind!

• Options

I was in work on nights last night, got a lovely little teddy bear and potted plant off C though. I love little flowers. Got a bfp on my night shift though which was a very nice surprise xxx

• Options

Congratulations Luna!!!

M had a lie in until nearly 9 although I was up just after 8 as normal, my mum came round then with a card and a spa voucher for me and we gave her her presents. Had a lazy morning just playing with M then she had a 2 1/2 hour nap so I go the hoovering and ironing done then we had play time again when she woke up. New bf came round in the evening with a card and a candle ornament for me as well so I was properly spoiled :)

• Options

Congratulations Luna!!!!

Jem - You were spoilt!

• Options

I spent the morning at home with my little man......then we went to see my mum at lunchtime and we all went for a walk...then i had all the family to mine for dinner....not much of a rest for me but good to have the family round me.....

• Options

ANd im jealous of all these lay ins...if my little man sleeps until six i think ive had one!