Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

moses basket

Hi, I got a moses basket giving to me by a family member. I was just going to use a cot for my baby when he comes but as this was a gift I want to make the most of it.
I was just wondering how safe they were and the handles dont look like to could hold the waight of a baby if lifed by them.

also wonted to know how long the baby can sleep in a moses basket before having to be put in a cot.

any help on this matter will be great

thanks
halley x

Replies

• Options

Trust your instincts!  If you think the handles are too weak, don't carry your baby in it. 

I kept my children in their moses basket until they were getting too long for it, usually around 2-3 months, depending on the basket and the baby. 

Also, I found the baby moved their arms about, which in the basket made a creaking type noise, so it woke me up more often than necessary.

• Options
    I think I will put my baby in the moses basket to start with, but i will not be carry it with him in it. I really dont trust that the hands could hold a babys waight

thanks
    Halley xx