Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Wednesday Weight Loss/Exercise

Morning

How are you getting on this week?  There doesn't seem to be many of us on this thread these days, I suppose everyone must be on their holidays or finding it hard with the kids being on holiday.  Only 29 days until my holiday so I really need to stick with it.  My target is to lose 4lbs and go on holiday weighing 11st.  If I had more time I would love to be 10st 10lbs as that's the weight I was when I went on a girls holiday to Falaraki when I was 19 and I was skinny at that weight, although after having 2 kids my body doesn't look anything like it did 13 years ago!!!!

I had a good day yesterday, went to the gym after work where it was stupidly hot but felt good once I had finished.  This morning I got up at 6.30am and went for a 3m run, I didn't want to get up when my alarm went off but forced myself and glad its done for the day.

I'm at work again today but only until 2pm but it will keep me from snacking. 

B - Fruit

L - Ryvita

D - Maggie chicken, new potatoes and veg.

Replies

• Options

SW you are really dedictaed and that's good it will pay off. Like I said yesterday 4lbs is do-able just ditch the booze, I bet you'd lose even more. Ditching bread, other heavy carbs and the booze and you could lose even more I reckon! Yes a cold bottle of bud is nice on a sunny day but what do you want more??!

I had planned to have soup for dinner but it was nasty so ended up with a bowl of cocopops. I'd had a big lunch though so that was OK. I seriously need to exercise tonight, 18 days til holiday need to keep it up.

• Options

Morning SW you sound like you're doing really well.

I am not doing well at all this week - I've had alcohol every day since Saturday and not done any exercise since last week either. We're off on holiday next week and there's no way I can make any kind of difference now but there is a pool there so will be getting in some swimming while we're away.  

Breakfast was cereal and fruit

Lunch will be a sandwich and fruit

Dinner probably salad

I shall be back properly in a couple of weeks time when I have to undo the damage of  holiday. But first I'm going to enjoy the holiday Laugh

• Options

Belle I want both Laugh  I don't really eat much bread anyway but usually have some kind of potato with my evening meal but that's about it.  I'm going to try and up the cardio as much as I can but its hard in the school holidays.  It's too hot to have soup, coco pops sound better Laugh

Cedar no point worrying about it now, just enjoy your holiday and get back to it when you get back.

• Options

SW, you probably could get to 10st10 by the time you go away, it's only 2lb a week which is easily do-able.  Well done on being so dedicated and getting up for the run

Belle - i'm sure you'll manage to exercise tonight, although I suppose with the long days at work it must be hard to motivate yourself when you get back in.

Cedar - where are you off to on holiday?

I'm ok, only real blip this week has been Saturday, food wise I've been on track other than that.  Zumba tonight which i'm not looking forward to, it's been ages so I know it's going to kill me.  But when I do it regular I can tell as I lose the inches as well as the lbs.

Food today

B - 2 toast, & bean

L - syn free chilli & rice

D - Not sure, it'll be late after zumba when I get back, so won't want anything too much.

S - not got anything with me today, probably just be drinking green tea to stop me from munching.

• Options

chids - I'm not sure I could lose 2lbs a week, I think the last half a stone or so is always the hardest to get off but I'll keep going.  Well done on getting to Zumba tonight, its not something I've ever tried.  Fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow.

• Options

You would if you stopped the booze SW. Trust me I've done it. Ditch it completely until you go and I put money on you seeing an impressive loss.

• Options

Easier said than done Belle Laugh

• Options

Not really SW, just have faith you can do it. Don't buy the buds. 2 weeks off for 2 weeks of drinking will be worth it. GIve your liver a breather as well.

• Options

My trolley just seems to gravitate to the Bud aisle Laugh 

Actually H is starting to do weekend nights from this weekend so that's always good to keep off the booze.  This week he is working Friday night so won't have a drink then.  Next weekend he is working Friday and Saturday night but I'm out with the girls on the Saturday but will keep off it on the Friday, then the following weekend before we finish work for our holidays he is working the Friday and Saturday nights.

I talk a good game don't I Laugh

• Options

Hi girls.

SW - that is totally doable before holidays especially because you are good at sticking to the exercise. I am the same as Belle, when I shifted most of my pounds last year is when I stopped the booze. I can't seem to get there this time so am mainly only drinking a spirit and mixer at the moment.

Belle - good luck with the exercising!

Cedar - that was me, I kind of gave up in the run up to my holiday but got back on it on my return.

Chids - you sound like you are doing well, I have always fancied zumba but have never been

This week I am trying a variation on the 5:2 diet. I had a 'fasting' day yesterday so ate under 500 calories and doing the same on Thursday whilst trying to be sensible the other days. Who knows if it will work!

• Options

AlsiT - I think that sounds like a good diet but what do you eat for a whole day for less than 500 calories?  Were you starving?

• Options

SW - cutting out the booze would definitely help (but I'm not one to talk this week as my consumption is going up!)

Chids - we're off to the Channel Islands and I can't wait. Good luck for your weigh in

Belle - my H will sometimes have cereal of an evening if its late and he's not that hungry.

Alsi T - not sure I could manage on just 500 calories although a couple of the girls in my office are fasting for Ramadan at the moment so don't eat or drink anything during the day.

• Options

Cedar I know, I know, you lot are going to be shaming me in to it Laugh 

A few girls from the gym have stopped coming for Ramadan, I should think of them, not being able to even have a drink when my stomach thinks my throat has been cut Laugh

• Options

I had a banana for breakfast, ham salad for lunch and garlic mushrooms on toast for tea. With two cups of tea with a dribble of milk in each. I was hungryish but not hugely and mainly because i knew I couldnt eat anything. Doing it again tomorrow!

• Options

SW what's the longest you've gone without a drink (excluding pregnancy)