Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weightwatchers vs Slimming World

So the time has come. I desperately need to do something about my weight. I've had a stressful 6 months with having P, her dairy allergy, losing mum and i have been comfort eating majorly. My weight is making me feel worse as nothing fits and when i wear my only pair of jeans i can get into i have a huge muffin top. My bum is sofa-sized and i have at least 2 chins! I have a gift voucher for professional photos but i wont have them done whilst i am this size and it expires in Feb. I also dont want to be the big mumma at the school gates, so the time has come and i am in the zone!

I have tried before to just be good but it doesnt work for me - i need a plan to follow. I have done WW several times before and it works well until i let my willpower get the better of me. How does it work now as its all changed.

Never been to Slimming World. Whats it like?

Anyone prefer one over the other and why? 

TIA x

Replies

• Options

I have done both, Wwand SW, I prefer SW and currently a member, I find I have to go to the groups to get weighed too keep me on the straight and narrow!

I can dig out my book and give you more information if you want me too, You can eat so much food, and I don't go hungry, you also get 15 syn's a day so you can have your glass of wine or what ever you fancy. in the month that I have been doing slimming world I have lost 9 1/2 pounds.. The first time around in 6 months I had lost over 2.5 stone.

• Options

Thanks CC. Are there any foods you cant have? I know it used to be red and green days and you couldnt mix carbs and protein...??

• Options

Def slimming world.  I lost 2 stone from January - June this year on it.  I always do green plan as Im a veggie.  Love it.

• Options

You can still do those days but there's an extra easy option and it's sooooo easy... you can mix carbs and protein now you basically limit your dairy and bread's and cereals but they aren't off limits.. I am trying to find you a list I might if I can't find it scan my book in for you

• Options

I can't get my laptop to scan grrr -

Basically you choose your free foods

Then healthy extra's

and then syns I will give you a quick list on what these are so you can get an idea

Super Free Foods - Is your fruit and veggies so apples etc you can eat as many of those as you like

Free foods are Fish, meat, eggs some dairy (Low fat cottage cheese fat free natural yoghurt) starchy veg and pulses (Baked beans) and Rice pasta and grains and meat replacements like quorn

Healthy Extra's A -Milk, Cheese so 350ml's skimmed milk or 30g's of Cheddar- You choose one of these a day  so either the milk or the cheese

Healthy Extra's B - Cereals and bread, dried canned or cooked fruit some soups and nuts and seeds

and then you have 15 syns per day for things like sauces (ketchup) chocolate, crisp's wine etc

Also all diet drinks - like diet coke, pepsi max are free so you can drink as much of that as you like...

Hope that helps

• Options

Ooh I'm really interested in starting SW as have heard lots of good things about it but I can't go to the local group meetings as the time is all wrong for me.

• Options

Frankie can you go to get weighed and just not stay for the meetings? Me and my sister go but we don't stay for the meetings.. it only takes 20 mins if it's busy :)

• Options

I've done both.  TBH I prefer SW.  I love food, and with SW as long as you stick to a list of free foods you can eat pretty much as much of it as you want.  It doesn't teach much with regards to portion control, as there's not a lot of weighing and measuring involved.  

I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment, and I've not lost much for the last 6 weeks or so, but since feb I've lost a stone and a half.  I never lost that much in all my time at WW.

• Options

No I can't, it's just the wrong time which is a pain. I don't mind not going to get weighed, I just feel like I don't know enough about what to do! Is there a SW book that explains it in enough detail?

• Options

Ah that's a shame... There are a lot of information on google about slimming world.. and If I can get my scanner to work I am more than happy to scan my books for you so you can have all the information.. would be a few pages though :)

• Options

Thank you ChocolateCupcake I would really appreciate that. I need to follow a plan I think as I'm being very naughty at the moment. I only need to lose about half a stone but it's really hard to stay motivated! I've got a big appetite so hoping SW will suit me :-)

• Options

Will look into trying to fix my Printer and will do it for you over the next day or so.. If you could email me on  I will send you them over as soon as I can :)

• Options

Thanks ChocolateCupcake that's really kind of you. Will email you now x

• Options

This is fab thanks so much CC. There is a local meeting tonight but i would have to take my 2 little ones....not sure if that would work!! I need to lose 2st really. I go back to work in March and really dont want to be fat!  So with free foods you literally eat as much as you want?? You dont have to stop before you are full (something i have an issue with!! I always have to clear my plate!).

X

• Options

Lot's of people take their kids with them so you wouldn't be alone... I will be taking baby with me when he/she comes!

I literally clear my plate every day as long as you have 3/4 of free foods on your plate you can eat as much as you want... they will go into detail about it with you at the meeting.. MaisieMoo - I can not stop when I am eating and I am never hungry there is so much food that you can eat!

• Options

Frankie - It's scanning now so working my way though the book... might take awhile as there's lots of pages lol