Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Well that's ruined Easter weekend

Some *** smashed the passenger window in our just to get a few euros in change and they took a pair of ray bans out of a compartment too. The garage under the apartments can only be entered with a master key or a code entry into main building and then lift down so someone must have been waiting for a car or person to come out and run in quickly. Out of all the cars down there theyve only broken into ours and a bentley. (Our bmw is nowhere near as flashy!) Fuckers! Car glass people are closed until Tuesday , we can't do our big food shop and we can't go away last minute like we wanted to Angry

Replies

• Options

The starred out word was b.astard.

• Options

Oh no, that's dreadful, hope you can find something else nice to do to make the weekend as nice as possible x

• Options

Oh blimey, that is soooo frustrating!  Is there no emergency glass place you can call?  If not empty EVERYTHING else you can out of the car immediately. Is there a normal garage or does a friend have a lockable garage at their house that you could borrow to lock the car in until Tuesday so it's secure?

I feel for you, especially if you were planning to get away.

• Options

We're going to a friend's for lunch tomorrow so at least that will cheer us up, it's just rain rain rain here.

Nobody else we know has a garage so it has to stay down there, H is just going to tape the window up now. Should we take N's car seat out do you think? They didnt take our Sat nav and as only two cars were damaged they must have been in a rush. I'm so glad we didn't take our passports to France yesterday else we would have left those in there knowing us! Oh and the glass place we called was the emergency one and nowhere else opens on a Saturday let alone a holiday weekend. Welcome to Switzerland Laugh

• Options

Yes i'd take the car seat out. If nothing else, the person who did this knows it is vulnerable and that there is other stuff worth selling in there.

• Options

That's what I thought. H thinks I'm being over the top, I don't think I've ever seen him this pissed off before Indifferent

• Options

How frustrating, definitely empty the car.  I hope you still have a good weekend.

• Options

You have ruined my image of Switzerland - I thought there was no crime there and even if it was it was polite crime. Sorry trying to be amusing, when I imagien you just want to go round punching random people out of frustration but good at least no passports left in the car. Eat extra chocolate to make up for itHug

• Options

Oh no. That's horrible! I'm so sorry LB :-( I'd be furious.

• Options

Haha QI tell me about it. I was promised low crime rates when we moved here. Thefts are common but violent crime is low thankfully.

Just found out we have an insurance excess of 300francs (about £200). So pissed off that we have to pay out for this.