Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What car do you drive and would you recommend it?

im looking for a new car - needs to be family friendly but not look too family like (if that makes sense).  Not too expensive (mid -range)

I'm wondering about a cross over car like a mini SUV I guess but not sure if they are really any better than a 'normal' car.

I have a golf at the moment, I love it so thats my fall back but open to all ideas at the mo

tia

x

Replies

• Options

I've got a work car now but hubby's got my old one and I thought it was perfect size/cost etc. Peugeot 307 SW, a mid-sized estate, dead easy to pack loads of baby stuff (dog stuff etc) in the back but not so large that it's a pain to park etc.

I'm a Golf fan too :)

• Options

I had a Ford Focus which I really liked before I had to trade it in for my mummy wagon. If I had free choice I'd go for an Audi A3 or maybe a Seat Leon. The Hyundai i30 is also a fine looking car with plenty of family room.

• Options

I have a Ford Focus CMAX. It's amazing!!! I know lots of other people have one too who have kids. I can fit baby, 2 prams and a full shop in mine. Love it!

• Options

I have a Focus C Max as well.  I've only had it a month and I love it to pieces, best car I've ever had!  Roomy, but still dead easy to park, decent boot space and can get 3 car seats across the back seat if I need to.  

• Options

We have a citroen Picasso grande which is probably what you would call a 'mummy wagon' yet we don't have children.

• Options

I have an Astra estate and it's fabulous. In the front it's like a spaceship with all the gadgets (well... Compared to my old polo!) in the back it's comfy, and the boot.. Well, it's mahooooosive. We got it so we could fit two dogs, a pram, shopping, baby stuff and anything else that goes with having a family.

• Options

We have a Renault Megane. It's got the big boot space that we needed without buying an estate. It's economical, cheap road tax and looks like a 'normal' car. We had a Fiat grande punto before which I hated, but I love the megane!

• Options

I've got a Ford focus. It's a really top spec one but I'd trade it in a heartbeat for the golf I used to have.

• Options

I have a citreon c4 grande Picasso, propped mummy mobile but I LOVE it, which is weird as I'm not into cars at all lol, I was really scared driving it at first but I'm used to it now. H wanted an s max but our citreon has lots of fancy extras on it and he admitted he quite liked it the other week Laugh

• Options

we've just bought focus b max - the one with the slidey doors - not too big but big enough and higher up = kind of feels like a compact SUV