Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where do you buy dresses for going out from?

I have looked on Oasis and Warehouse, but nothing.  Where do you usually buy yours?  I don't want Supermarket or New Look.    RI too casual I think and doubt that there will be anything in DP.  Will maybe try Zara, Mango and FC.

Replies

• Options

Depends on the event - HoF was were  got my last going out out dress but TBH I begrudge paying £70 for something I've worn once.

The girls have a night out in Nov and I need something for then so will keep my eyes open.

• Options

Oh HoF is a good idea.  I don't mind paying about £100.  Don't usually though Laugh

• Options

What's it for?

• Options

H's 40th, not til Jan, but I want to get the cost of that out of the way if I see something for it.  Maybe wait until the Christmas party dresses come out.

• Options

I tried on so many for a wedding recently next, h&m, coast, dorothy Perkins, oasis and warehouse and the best and nicest by far was next! There wasn't much choice mind but I was really pleased with my dress xx

• Options

Oh, I never thought about Next, I will look there.  Thanks

• Options

God I'd wait til the sales or at least nearer the time especially with all the boozing at Chruistmad and also the different styles that will be out.

Wat about those Lipsy ones?

• Options

Nest has a couple of nice ones in, I will def look in there, thanks x

• Options

I will maybe give some £ to my mum to keep for me.  I just know that I have his party to pay for, his holiday and present to pay for and everything else around this time of year.

• Options

I booze all year Belle, Christmas doesn't make a difference for me Laugh

• Options

Debenhams is normally good

• Options

I am lusting after this one at the moment, might reward myself with it at a size 16 uk.monsoon.co.uk/.../4530560110

I would wait until after christmas if I was you

• Options

Thats nice CW.  

Alfabet, I am not keen on Debs, but will try there.

I always think that there is nothing but crap in the shops in Jan, I am going to keep looking now and squirrel some money away for it.  

• Options

I've brought from Coast for the last couple of dresses that I brought and have been pleased with them

• Options

I always gravitate to RI, I'd buy once the Christmas glitzy stuff comes out, good idea giving the money to your mum till you get it.

• Options

Coast, Monsoon, French Connection, Oasis, Warehouse.

• Options

Oo, I will have a look in Coast, its sometimes a bit bridesmaid though and Monsoon is another one.  Will have a nose in Karen MIllen this weekend.

• Options

Erm what happened to the Lipsy ones?

• Options

What Lipsy ones?

• Options

The Jessica Wright and Amy Childs ones