Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can one get breast implants soon after having a baby?

I have dreamt of getting breast implants for years and now I think it's time to get them. But I have a newborn baby, delivery date was on 12/04/2015. Can one get breast implants soon after having a baby? I read out a blog regarding this and it was useful. But I would like to hear from any mums out there who have had implants shortly after giving birth to their baby. Was it complicated? And how was your recovery?

Replies

• Options

I think they advise that you wait at least 6 months if not a year. It's to do with hormone changes, as well as allowing your body time to return back to 'normal' post pregnancy and labour.

Just think, implants are there for the long term, so waiting a year or six months is nothing in the scheme of things. I am pregnant with our second and want to get my boobs done afterwards, but I will also be breastfeeding. I breastfed our first for 14 months so I know it's probably going to be at least two years until I can really start to look into it, but I know it will be worth it in the end x