Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Did becoming a dad make your partner more emotional – like Prince William says it has for him?

Hello

We've been seeing all the stuff about Prince William saying that fatherhood has made him "a lot more emotional" – and we're wondering if that's true about lots of men once they become a dad?

"I'm a lot more emotional than I used to be, weirdly," the prince told presenters Ant and Dec in an ITV interview.

"I never used to get too wound up or worried about things. But now the smallest little things, you well up a little more, you get affected by the sort of things that happen around the world, or whatever, a lot more, I think, as a father. Just because you realise how precious life is and it puts it all in perspective."

Do you think your other half has become more emotional now that he's a dad? In what way, exactly? Or is it pretty much the same, emotionally? 

Please do let us know by adding a post to this thread. We'd love to hear what you think!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/141457.jpg

Replies

• Options

Um, yes I think so. My husband's the stereotypical rugby playing type but he's definitely softened since we had kids. I don't think he'd admit to it though!

• Options

Yes, he is more emotional. I am, too! 😊