Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

The consultant just rung......

2»

Replies

• Options
    Hi Tasha!

I think you maybe ought to offer to "lend" your Doctor Amber for a few days on normal food / milk and see if they still agree with you!!!!

Its amazing how we pay into the national health service that is supposed to look after us when we are ill, and yet we get nothing back! Gareth thinks we should follow America's example and get health insurance to pay for what we need.
    I really hope that your doctor sees sense and keeps Amber on her alternative milk!

Let us know what happens!!

xxxx
  • Options
    Morning ladies
    Again thanks for your support, I especially like Carolines idea of lending them Amber!

well, the dieticians come through for us! shes obviously persuaded the doctors (or demanded) that Amber be kept on the milk until january then we're seeing her at the hospital to review it so that's fair enough. They have also upped the prescription to 4 pots rather than 1 at a time as i'd have been collecting milk every other day!!
  • Options
    That's better, sounds like you have the dietician fighting your corner and that's just what you need. You can relax now over Christmas knowing there won't be a change til the New Year. That must be a relief.

Zoe xx
  • Options
    Hi Tasha
    That is good, as Zoe has said at least you can relax over christmas and hopefully in the new year they might have a bettter solution!