Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Potty help please!

Hi - I really need some help with my son at the mo, after several months of successfully using the potty for everything, and now using the toilet, standing up a couple of times which is a pretty good feat as our loos are old Victorian and very high, Bon refuses to use the potty for poos. He knows where it is supposed to go but runs away and hides, insists he doesn't need to go, sitting him on the potty does no good, and as soon as his pants are back on he goes. It isn't just once or twice, but every day. There have been no changes at home, no new people, and the baby isn't due for another two months or so, so I am absolutely at a loss.

Anyone got any ideas?!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Boo. I have used it in the past but he isn't too fussed about things like that. I'm currently trying the 'stick' method, taking away a toy each time he does it in his pants telling him he can have it back when he manages to go in the potty. I'll give it a few days and see what happens and maybe go back to the 'carrot' and give treats for getting it right.
  • Options
    Hi Nicolette
    Riley was the same for a bit but one day he did a poo on the potty,i had left him to answer the phone and when i came back he'd done a poo,was very upset but when i told him how good he was he was quite happy.
    It did still stress him to poo on the potty after but i found just leaving him alone(standig by just in case)realy helped.
    Good luck hun and hope you find a method that helps.

xx