Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First visit to london for THE BABY SHOW

Hi all

I'm planning a trip to london for the baby show at the end of feb. we are taking Milly, we're staying in holbourn in central london. We are planning to buy a backpack carrier for the purpose as we like to flit on and off the tube when visiting the capital and the pushchair would be impractical what with stairs and lifts etc.

Has anyone got any advice for me travling with a not yet toddler in the city? What would be the best places to visit with a day or so to spare?

Thanks
Sally

P.s. the twins are at home with granny for the week end, for her sins.

Replies

• Options
    Where abouts is the baby show on? London will be pretty busy at the weekend, I will have a think where to go. I used to take my oldest into town alot when he was a toddler as I worked up there and my brother lives there. Hamley's is great, but you might not want to visit a toy shop so soon after christmas!! When you travel by train you get alot of 2 for 1 offers on retaurants and tourist attractions. The duck tour is good, its a tour bus that then turns into a boat along the thames!
    Have fun x
  • Options
    Hi Sally. London Zoo (Regents Park) is a good place to go with children, Coco Pops are doing a free ticket on their packs at the mo, worth taking advantage of. The London Aquarium is good (opposite Westminster on the south bank), lots to see and touch pools for children to experience. The museums are good, Natural History, Science, V&A, all close together on Exhibition Road, and undercover if it rains.

The backpack is a great idea, buggies on the underground are not fun, and not great on buses either. Keeps them safe and high enough to see things. I would suggest that you might consider a lightweight foldable buggy instead so save your back, but with twins as well, you can't reuse it so easily. I have a Quinny Zapp that folds down really small and fits in its own travel bag with shoulder strap. Just a thought.

I'd love to go to the show but I will either have a newborn or be hugely pregnant and it just won't be practical. Hope you have fun!
  • Options
    Thanks Nicolette

I have seen the tickets on the cornfakes pack for the zoo. but forgot about the aquarium. I dont think she's ready for the museums etc.

The twins will be at home for the week end, so i wont need to worry about them.

We are going to check out a pushchair that should put a stop to buying another, but I have to convince my partner before he splashes out on it. I know that I have to manage with it as the alternaive, simply isnt acceptable. Once on my own I dont have a way to get all 3 babies out on my own without carrying one, either front or back, baby or toddler.

Nicola, the baby show is on at the ExCel centre.